1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Great Budget rental price

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by cnorth3865, Apr 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cnorth3865

cnorth3865 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We will be in Vegas May 1 - 5. I had been checking car rentals using AAA and USAA and the prices were really high. I called Budget using our Fastpass Discount and they also accepted AAA. We got the 4 days for $102 for an economy car which included taxes. This was an $82 savings. I got this discount by calling them, not using the internet site.

2. Birdie7

Birdie7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went to Budget and used the Costco codes(offer codes
    Pay Now Rate
    Costco Online BCD W852802
    MUGZ044 35USD Off Weekly Rental/Paperless Coupon) and they let you prepay so that dropped it down to less than $116 for 6 days in the same week that you are going. We are going to attend the Mayweather Boxing Match. It's a 4 door cobalt. The last 50 plus times we've used Alamo but the rates say not to this time. I'm gonna try the $5 or $10 trick and see if that gets me an upgrade.

Anyone on the board try the upgrade trick thru Budget? I've never been turned down thru Alamo.

3. motownbob

motownbob High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Total Price

That $116.00 that you found does not include taxes and fees, the total price is really $195. You have to go further into the booking process to get that price. Bob

4. Birdie7

Birdie7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did say I prepaid for it. I would know if it was $195. Lol...

rate ( $ USD )
    car 98.43
    options 0.00
    fees & taxes 52.47
    coupon discount -35.00
    $ 115.90 TOTAL (USD)
    $ 115.90paid online
    $ 0.00 BALANCE USD
    DC rate terms
    5 day, 5 hour rental unlimited free miles 4 day 3 hour minimum rental required 5 day and 23 hour maximum rental required

I thought it was a good deal for me anyway.:wave:

5. motownbob

motownbob High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dates

I checked in May for the same number of days and hours starting with May 1, and the price is much higher. The price drops just a few days later. Looks like you picked the right time to go! Bob

6. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I use the Costco code and then use paperless coupon UUGZ039 for a free upgrade.

7. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Why doesn't anyone just try priceline first?

You guys are paying about $25 a day but for economy.

I remember paying $165 for 7 days on full-size car.

Do people have something against priceline or something?

8. Birdie7

Birdie7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It comes out to $19 a day for me plus a few pennies. What if there is a need to make a change in the pickup or drop off times? Will Priceline work with you?

9. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Actually it's $22.25 a day and no, additional days would have to be added thru the rental company. If it's simply time, I never had a problem there unless I was way off.

I'm not saying it's a bad deal but hell I was told by folks by bid was too high on priceline when I got my rental and that was full size. Your price was less than mine by about a dollar and it was economy.

If you want to change dates around yeah definitely priceline isn't for you. Usually folks dates are pretty concrete. I always reserve my rental after I get my flight. When I have my flight set, that's a wrap unless something really catastrophic happens to make me change plans.

I'm a bit amazed no one even tries priceline. It's like hey, take a shot with a low bid.....you might get it. It's logical. If you know what price you're getting otherwise, underbid it on priceline.

10. bigal3967

bigal3967 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What companies does priceline usually deal with. I dont want to rent from one of those companies off site that may have hidden charges.

BigAl

11. HallOfPromise

HallOfPromise Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just use Southwest.com to rent. You can compare rates easily. Priceline is the same but I just prefer the layout of Southwest. These sites are great for those you like to compare prices.

To see which companies are at the Rental Car Facility, just click here - https://www.mccarran.com/Go/RentalCars.aspx

Boom. See, I am frugal so I compare prices and shop around for coupon codes to get the best rates. For my upcoming trip this May I booked a 4-day compact for $49.50 with E-Z, which includes all taxes and fees. I booked before rates jumped, and I can cancel at anytime without a fee because I opted not to prepay. I've used E-Z before with no hassle at all so I can book with them again.

More money to spend on the Strip!

12. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can specify that it be at the terminal facility.

My last rental was with Avis and very hassle-free. Some have got an ultra-low cost with EZ but I also heard bad things about them (I think they are off-site).

13. bigal3967

bigal3967 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ez actually has a decent deal at 130.00 for 4 days beginning June 26. What have you heard about them? Thanks!

14. HallOfPromise

HallOfPromise Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    EZ is on-site.

https://www.mccarran.com/Go/RentalCars.aspx

15. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I paid $134 after taxes for a fullsize for 6days/nights at Alamo and the lot guy let me take a brand new Chrysler 300C (premium upgrade) for same price. That is one of the best deals I have ever seen or heard of in Vegas- or anywhere rental car wise and I worked in that industry for 10 years. I booked and used the Costco discount code on their site.

16. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $22.33 per day. That's fantastic!

17. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.