1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Once again thank you SWA for the 50,000 miles

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Joe, Apr 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So for the 3rd time I signed up for a SWA credit card and for the 3rd time they deposited 50,000 miles into my account after I charged $2,000.

Their rules clearly state this is for new card holders only and if you have ever used this offer before it's invalid.

But for the 3rd time I got the miles. This time I did have to pay an annual $99 fee up front, but that's well worth 50,000 miles.

2. OKC Gal

OKC Gal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are lucky. They caught mine when I tried that and wouldn't let me have the miles.

3. ck2124

ck2124 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We just got a Southwest card for the first time (they are finally flying out of Dayton) but in the past have been successful in getting points more than once for both Delta and Frontier credit cards. In fact our trip in one month is compliments of getting a Frontier card again. We hate it that Frontier is leaving Dayton next month (the day after we fly back).

4. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Joe, how long after you cancelled your card before you tried it again? I do that with united (only 30k miles though). I think there is maybe a 2 or 3 year break after you cancel your card, but after that I find united starts to again send me card offers for 25k or 30k free miles after the first purchase (any purchase). The good thing about the united card is that there is no annual fee the first year so naturally I get the card for 1 year and then before the year is up I cancel it. (don't tell united, lol).

In your situation I think it's just that SW doesn't keep track of your award miles and so you are able to do it again. Enjoy it, maybe one day they might close that option.

5. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In this case, it was 14 months since I cancelled the other card. I don't recall the first time I did it, but my guess is that it was only about 12-14 months.

I'm going to re-sign my wife up shortly and we'll see what happens. Her last card was 09/2011.

Thinking out loud here...I wonder if SWA doesn't really care how many times you cancel and re-sign since they are making ~1-2 percent on all charges. Since we charge everything we can, even down to a dollar or two, that adds up to about $4,000 per month that goes on the cards. Paid in full of course each month!:poke:

At some point in time we had a board member who worked for a CC company. Maybe he can chime in with an opinion if he is still on board.

6. RossW

RossW North of the 49th

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Use some of those miles for the golf trip K2V spoke of on Facebook a while back. We'll need to remind him to set it all up.....:thumbsup:

7. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good work Joe

Either you use the system or it uses you.

8. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I certainly feel no sympathy for the big banks:poke:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.