1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Do you rest well before your trip?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Snowbelle3, Apr 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I often leave once final exams are over but that means that sometimes my brain is fried when I head out to Vegas. But then on top of that sometimes the excitement of the trip does not allow me to sleep well.

If I get ample rest before a trip, it helps me to hit the ground running when I get there. But if I do not get enough rest, my brain is screaming for it.

Do you get rest before your trip?

2. Jmohny

Jmohny Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's hard, but I TRY...

My first trip, was more like a "layover" kinda thing, so it really shouldn't count. BUT this one, coming up on 4/27, it will definitely be difficult task going to sleep that Fri night before my 5:50AM plane form MCO....probably NO SLEEP :nono:

3. Jmohny

Jmohny Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I meant......My first trip, was more like a "layover" kinda thing, so it really shouldn't count. BUT this one, coming up on 4/27, it will definitely be a difficult task going to sleep that Fri night before my 5:50AM plane from MCO....probably NO SLEEP :nono:

Thanks

4. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know what it is but whenever I plan a trip to LV, regardless of what week or month, I have the busiest week before I go. Two years ago my plan was to finish the work I had to get out, take a nap, and go home where wife was to drive me to the airport. I finished an hour before I was to head home. Other years I would go with 12 hours of sleep over the previous 4 days. It wouldn't be so bad if I could fall asleep on the plane (if only those seats would go back a bit farther!) but I have never been able to do that.

Another problem is that I have never been much of a napper either.Luckily, napping is getting easier as I age so when I arrive, retrieve my baggage, head downtown and check in, I can either take a nap, or make it til late evening then retire. I get up in the morning refreshed and adjusted to pacific time!

Sleeping on the plane would be my dream though. It would sure make a 6 hour flight a lot easier!

Jimbo338

5. Slotchick

Slotchick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I get to excited when a trip is coming up, no matter what the length is in between trips; therefore, I get very little rest coming up on a trip. When I get to Vegas I get even less sleep and if I get 4-5 hours in a night that is a lot. It's Vegas, if you sleep you might miss something right? :evillaugh

6. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can fall asleep the whole ride on every flight but the one to Vegas!

7. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ironically, I kind of just answered this in your other thread.

Now, I make sure my travel is set up so I can get enough rest before a trip. But to be honest, this is more about how I feel (and how safe I feel) on the trip out and back, and how brutal the crash is, too.

The times I went to Vegas tired, I would get an adrenaline and buffet fueled rush that kept me going without feeling exhausted the whole time I was there. But that just magnifies how crushed you are when the trip is over.

8. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm like a little kid before the first day of school in September. I just can't sleep the night before a trip :). I'm just too excited. Plus, I don't typically sleep well when I'm there - so I'm usually close to being a Zombie by the time I get back.

9. booker

booker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sleep immediately before and during a trip to Vegas? Fuggedaboutit! I want to, but …

And do you sometimes feel so tired while in Las Vegas that it gets in the way of your fun? Sadly, that often happens to me as well.

10. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nope... since my flight is less than an hour and I have business
    to tend to, pretty much just a regular day. It's the return that gets me... EVERYTIME!

11. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last year was great as my week in Vegas was the third week of three weeks on leave from work so I was refreshed and ready to take on Vegas.
    This time though I could be potentially working right up to the day before I fly.:cuss:

12. rebirth

rebirth High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not for the past 2 trips. Worked the day before going. Hopefully this year I can have the day before off.

13. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I make sure to get plenty of rest the week before the trip.
    Lack of sleep tends to make me more vulnerable to getting sick so that is enough incentive to ensure I get enough sleep.

14. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I try to isolate myself because....

I always try to isolate myself from crowds of people for one week before my trip because I don't want to get sick with a cold or the flu. It works for me.

Yes, it is hard for me to go to sleep on the night before my trips. I end up packing extra things in my luggage. I have to take a valium 5mg on the morning
    of my trip so I can relax and not be so hyper.

15. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, I sure don't and the older I get, the more I pay for it.

16. snowball

snowball Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I toss and turn the night before every single time. I'm like a kid trying to get to sleep the night before Christmas.

I think my May trip is going to be tough, we fly out at 7:30 am so we need to be at the airport by 5:30. That means I need to be up at 4 am to get ready to go.

And I can't sleep on a plane at all. But the upside is, I will be tired in Vegas instead of tired at home :beer:

17. AlwaysVegas

AlwaysVegas Now it's mostly Reno.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No matter when I plan my Vegas trip, I always come up against a deadline at work just before my trip. Other than that, I'm always rested.

18. mjames1229

mjames1229 # of visits includes only trips w/ hotel stays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The night before Christmas... try the WEEK before Christmas for me.

I don't go for another month, but I am already waking up on a tinkle run, and thinking about the time I couldn't sleep for more than 45 minutes straight in Vegas because of my fluid intake the night before... and then I toss and turn thinking of Vegas.

Rest in advance... indeed...

USBC Nationals are back in Vegas
  19. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No. I try but I just can't, lol!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.