1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Caviar and vodka-Bellagio

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by lvpeg, Mar 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lvpeg

lvpeg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone redeemed this reward, and what was it like. I'm considering this reward-but the description doesn't say much.

2. techie223

techie223 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm giving it a try this weekend. If you can wait until next week, I can post something about the experience.

3. lvpeg

lvpeg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes I can wait, we're not going until June. I'm very interested in reading about your experience. Not sure what they mean by vodka tasting - maybe serving a "flight" of a few different vodka? Thanks.

4. daveg000

daveg000 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Take some pictures if you can, I was sort of interested, but the details are sketchy.

15 NIGHTS, 16 DAYS, May 8-23, MGM PK, GOLDN NUGGET, TIMESH, MANDALAY
  5. techie223

techie223 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will do :wave:

6. CrazyCanuck

CrazyCanuck Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I read a very brief review of it somewhere can't remember where (likely on facebook Friends of MyVegas page). From what I remember the poster stated each person was served 3 different caviar's along with toppings and crackers and 3 1 oz vodka samples something along the lines of: one Russian, one French, one Swedish. The poster said it had great service and was a good experience. Can't remember any other details sorry.

A full detailed review would be appreciated because it sounds like a cool experience and with other rewards increasing in cost and being hard to get I might consider it for the experience.

7. techie223

techie223 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here's my review.

Essentially, the reward has a value of $105. This is the standard cost of the caviar and vodka tasting that Petrossian has listed on their menu. I would say that if there are 2 people, you should get 2 X the reward or spring for the extra $105. I don't think there is enough caviar that it should be considered shareable. If you are not into vodka, you may substitute a glass of Veuve Cliquot champagne (listed at $27 on their menu).

The names of the 3 types of caviar are Royal Ossetra, Royal Transmontanus, and Royal Siberian.

The three vodkas are served in chilled glasses (1 1/2 ounce), with the suggested caviar pairing listed on the ID "placemat" that comes with the vodka. The 3 vodkas are: Ciroc (France), Chopin (Poland), and Level (Sweden). I thought they were quite smooth and matched well with the caviar. But I'm a bit of a lightweight, so 4 1/2 ounces of straight vodka is a bit much.

This was our first time at the Petrossian bar, but certainly won't be our last. A great place to sip a glass of champagne and people watch.

The redemption process was simple, but it does take a few minutes for the paperwork. One recommendation I have is to do a quick recon of any venue for which you may have a reward. We redeemed the "2 cocktails at Lily" reward, but when we went to the bar, it was closed for a private tournament. I did get the points refunded, but it meant a return trip to the MLife desk.

Enjoy :wave:

Attached Files:

8. lvpeg

lvpeg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the very detailed (and pics) of this reward. I think it looks like a fun reward to get - something I'd never spend $105 on....but great to try for free!

9. anonanon

anonanon Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for your level of detail, that seems like something I'd like to do.

10. RIRugrat

RIRugrat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi, I just selected this award but have a question. The Bellagio website says the Petrossian Bar is open 24x7 but is there a specific time of day you can order the caviar and vodka?

Curious, looking forward to it next month!

Christian

11. daveg000

daveg000 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the great review and pictures!

12. techie223

techie223 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know the answer to this one. I didn't notice any times on the menu, but that doesn't mean there weren't any. We went around 4PM.

You may want to consider calling for more info. Hope you enjoy!!

13. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That was a great review techie! You included lots of details.

I see they give you lots of different foods on that plate. I've never had caviar so hopefully this doesn't make me look stupid but how do you eat it? Do you spoon a little on a cracker, add some onion and cheese? Is that cheese? It seems like a funny combo with caviar. I'm really curious!

14. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Caviar is often presented with chopped egg white and yolk. Just spoon a bit of caviar onto the blini or other bread and add whatever condiments you like the looks of.

15. techie223

techie223 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I meant to comment on what was served with the caviar, but forgot :rolleyes2:

Dankyone is correct. Caviar is generally served with chopped egg whites and yolks and small blini. In this particular presentation, on the plate you will see the egg and minced red onion, and the round things are pumpernickel bread. The caviar itself is on crème fraîche. There was also a basket of warm toast points. Basically spoon whichever combination of ingredients you wish onto the bread and enjoy!

Caviar is generally a strong enough, salty flavour that it can stand up to other components, but I would recommend trying at least a little of it on it's own to really appreciate the taste differences.

This is a great way to try caviar "free". It's not to everyone's taste.

Also, I hear that the Bellagio buffet now has caviar, at least at some servings, and I know it is served at the Sterling Brunch at Bally's.

16. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you techie and dankyone. I have to admit you've left me feeling a little bit like a hillbilly. So what I thought was cheese is actually egg, the crackers are really blini and the pumpernickel bread...I thought that was gingersnap cookies for desert!:eek:

I'm sooo glad I asked! I don't think a day goes by where I don't learn something new on this board.

Attached Files:

17. techie223

techie223 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't. Can't be expected to know about something you've never tried. That's part of the adventure :wave:

18. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Right--the reality is most North Americans have never had caviar, and would know nothing about how it is served or how to eat it. Give it a try. Even if you don't like it, you will have had an interesting experience.

19. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Being as I have failed time and again on the Tender reward and we leave tomorrow I booked this one today, we are going to the BGFA on MV anyway so I figured why not. I do like caviar but have never had these three types nor a setup as nice as this one is, DW is going to do the High Tea setup while I munch caviar and drink vodka. Thanks for the review you sold me on this instead of doing a dueling pianos.

20. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've always loved the roe served on sushi, but I had never really gotten into caviar before for some reason. last trip we decided to order some because it sounded good. now I'm a convert. unfortunately they were out of the Golden Osetra, so we got American Osetra, but it was fabulous. salty and sweet with so much flavor. I'm definitely going to order it every chance I get now.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.