1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Pretty Boring quick trip

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by sporty8705, Apr 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sporty8705

sporty8705 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Had this trip planned for like two months. April 2-6
    My mom and sister had a trip on the east coast and left on Easter and met us in Vegas on April 2. My son, brother, sister and I flew in on April 2. I wanted to leave by 8am for our 10:40 flight, since we live an hour away.
    I got the car packed, and then couldn't find the keys. Looked for 30 minutes and found them in the garage on my sons bike.. We leave and rush to the airport and about 20 mins away the GPS starts beeping delay.. there was an accident and it was bad. I had to re-route and that sucked. Made it to the airport at 10:00, dumped everyone on the curb and parked in long term parking, missed the A boarding and had to have someone give up their seat so my 2 year old and I could sit together. Then no drink service for the last 4 rows due to turbulance, so that sucked as I really needed a drink.

Grabbed a shuttle to the LVH and then spent 2 hours arguing with them about the room upgrades and locations and changing rooms due to it not being cleaned, and one of the other rooms had wet carpet.
    There was 3 adults, two of us had comped rooms, the other one had no offers.

The hotel was ok, I had the resort club level and it was NOT worth the 28 bucks a day. My keys did not work on Thursday so I went down to get new keys, they said the credit card was declined, I said no way.. she tried to manually put it through and nothing. She said I couldn't have new keys or go up to my room until it was paid for or the credit card was approved... They wanted 200 in cash for the deposit, 28 bucks for two more nights of resort fees, and the price for my last night which was not comped. I had only 60 bucks on me, the rest was in the safe upstairs, which they would not let me into until I paid. So I said forget it, I will pay the last night off and thats it, no need for a deposit and no more resort level, the lady got pissed and I said well you won't let me go get my cash so your loss...
    I do not think I will ever stay here again. I would rather pay a resort fee on a comped room at MGM or Casears, and it would probably come out cheaper than paying 30 bucks on a non comped room. They would not put us together on the same floor. We all had upgrades and they only upgraded two of us on comps and then once they kept screwing up, they finally upgraded all of us for free... The front desk agents were bitches, and said they did not care if we were all near each other, and she gave someone a room near mine after I checked in.. but nevertheless... I have stayed here 4x since they lost the Hilton name and it keeps going down hill.. only good part is the 10 bucks a day in free play or 8 bucks a day in free food if you don;t have them make up your room...

We ate at Nathans a lot, but did use two MyVegas rewards. I used the 75 dollar food credit at America.
    The restaurant has great decor, and the menu said they charge 18% gratuity on parties of 6 who eat.. my son wasn't hungry so we thought we avoided it... turns out not so... We all had the all you can eat pasta for 13 bucks.. the chicken one was marinated in Tabasco, and the menu did not mention that at all. The beef medalion one was good, as was the tortellini one. The only complaint was that it took 45mins to get our food and there was 3 other parties in the whole restaurant. We also got charged the 18% gratuity for 13 bucks total. So I gave him the 75 dollar comp and part of the gratuity came out of that and the players card got the rest.

We also used the Mirage buffet comp. The lady didn't know how to process it, and I also won a two free buffets and unlimited champagne from a Vegas blog, so that covered all 5 of us, and the baby was free. The cashier didn't know how to use any of the comps, and would not accept the Travelzoo voucher because it was not in my name, BTW Thanks Brian, and because it was also for the champagne brunch which she said they stopped doing after March 22... The manager had to come over 4x and she was supposed to be in a meeting so she was annoyed. It finally got worked out and about 30 minutes later we sat down... The champagne was NOT unlimited and even when I asked for a refill it was not brought, it was sparkling wine, was told they don't have champagne there anymore...

I won on a goldfish game in Ballys/Paris.. threw in 7 bucks playing 1.50 a spin and kept getting the goldfish and the wilds. In the free game I had 15 free games and the gold goldfish multiplied my wins by 9 times, so I won about 360...

I also won on Jaws and Alice for another 180ish...

I came home with more than I took, and I had fun.. But 4 days is really too short especially when your used to 7-8 days and this time one of our days we got in late, so we really only had W-F, since we came home this morning..

2. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was that the Hilton?
    Sucks when the hotel starts the trip of bad.

Congrats on the win thought. :beer:

3. sporty8705

sporty8705 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yep, used to be the Las Vegas Hilton..

4. TimLion

TimLion High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the report! And depending on your...ahem...behavior, four days can be MORE than enough time to do Vegas right.

I often find that I don't have the stomach :vomit: for more than four days.

Santé,
    TL

5. Sam in Ut

Sam in Ut High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not boring at all. Thanks for taking the time to share. Those bums at the Hilton should take some customer service classes.

6. sporty8705

sporty8705 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    tell me about it... they were rude at check in and instead of explaining things they just turned on the attitude.. then they also were rude when my keys didnt work on the second day and said all payment was due before i could get my keys because the credit card was declined,, that was BS because it had 500 left on it, and they wanted to charge 89.. so i down graded and they lost the last two resort nights from me.. but when changing rooms they gave me a key to the old room, which worked in the resort lounge still, so guess what I did, lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.