1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

1 person picking up luggage, 1 person getting car?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by DonnyC, Apr 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone ever have one person pick up luggage and the other person pick up the rental car and then come back to the airport to pick up the other person?

Does this save time?

2. MNVegasgal

MNVegasgal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our luggage has been at the baggage claim when we get down the escalator.. so we jump on the bus together. In the past we did the one person get the car.. but lately we have been lucky with luggage and just get the car and take 3 rights and we are on the strip.

3. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It only takes about 15 minutes or so for your luggage to arrive after you get to the carousel. How do you know what the other person's luggage looks like anyways?
    Would you remember it?

You're only going to save maybe 15 or 20 minutes. If you are that pressed for time in Vegas, then maybe you need to rethink your vacation plans. :poke:

4. mjames1229

mjames1229 # of visits includes only trips w/ hotel stays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We do it all the time. ASAP after landing, I head to the shuttle to the Rental Car center while my wife grabs the luggage. She then heads to the facility and gets there right about the time I finish the paperwork.

Works like a charm.

USBC Nationals are back in Vegas
  5. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I fly into Vegas 20 times a year and I always check my bag... only once (like 3 years ago) did I have to wait more than 10 minutes for my bag... the whole baggage computer system crashed and everything was crazy. McCarran is money when it comes to getting the bags down to the carousels IMHO. To split up would add another variable to the equation that I guarantee wouldn't be favorable. That's at Southwest B and/or C gates to the Terminal 1 baggage area anyways...

6. g-didi

g-didi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We do not split up to collect luggage. The way we speed up our arrival is to do online check in with Alamo - get off the bus and straight out to the car lot and to the booth. Literally less than 10 minutes from bus to booth.

7. mrstealth

mrstealth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unless you have a lot of luggage this would actually take more time. Also, unless you are very familiar with driving in Las Vegas and negotiating the Las Vegas Airport, there is a very good chance it will take substantially longer.

8. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ouch!

Bottom line - though I tend to micro manage things like his sometimes to save a minute or two, I would agree with those posters that say it just is not going to save much time.

9. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think it would be a time or effort saver. The person picking up the car still has to go back to get the luggage person. Then if one of you has a delay or whatever, it can be a hassle. I'm an ocd micro-manager too and I don't I'd bother.

10. IxAccDnf

IxAccDnf VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've done it. I don't know if it saves time but when I have a few people with me and they checked luggage it's just easier for me to get the car while they grab the luggage.

As for time-saving in general, if I can save 20 minutes..even while on vacation...I do it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.