1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hello, Y'all!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by MDTerp, Mar 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MDTerp

MDTerp Guest

Hello! I was scouring the interwebs checking out all things Vegas and I happened across this message board. Seeing as how I LOVE the city of Las Vegas just as much as some of you, I knew I had to become a member. I've been going to Vegas since 2001 when I finished college and I've been there 17 times since. I'll be leaving this Wednesday after work for my 18th trip!

I prefer The Strip over Freemont Street, given the choice and the right comp I prefer MGM properties to CET. (Though we're staying at the Paris this trip on a free comp). I've done trips with as many as 15 of my friends (thats almost too many people) and I've done solo trips. My favorite place to stay is the Mirage though last year when I was there it seems to have lost a little of its magic. I love to play poker, I'm addicted to the dice and I've been known to spend an afternoon at a bar playing video poker for the "free" drinks.

I miss the Stardust, I miss Binions when it was actually owned by a Binion but most of all I miss when Vegas was about the gambling and not so much about the bottle service and the cool new club. When I first started going to Vegas the VooDoo Lounge was the happening spot and I sure have some stories from that place! Really, at heart, I guess I'm just a Vegas nostalgic who still enjoys the city but just wishes it wouldn't have changed so much from the things I used to LOVE about it! I've stayed in every strip hotel except Caesars, TI, Whynn and Aria. My favorite place to eat is Delmonico at the Venetian and I'm a sucker for the Bellagio breakfast buffet.

Over the last 12 years our trips have gotten less and less crazy but we can still let loose when the opportunity arises. I started a tradition the very first time I ever went to Vegas and now all of my friends and I still carry it out on every trip. As soon as our plane lands at McCarren, we catch a limo to whichever hotel we are staying in, check in and then on the way to the room we find the first roulette table we can see. We throw 1 $100 cash play on Middle 12. If it wins, we go have a huge meal to celebrate being back in Vegas, if it loses, we get to work winning back that $100!

Thanks for reading this far, I'll stop now before my intro becomes a book! I'm happy to have found this board and I look forward to interacting with all of you in the future. Cheers!!! :beer:

2. evoiris

evoiris Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    welcome!

3. bigwill

bigwill Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You will learn many things to make your vegas trip that much better Enjoy I know I do.

4. uli_1515

uli_1515 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hiya!

Welcome like myself!

5. mganut

mganut Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to the board!

6. VegasSteven

VegasSteven Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome! That sounds like a great tradition, hitting the Roulette table like that. I've never played roulette, usually just on BJ and Craps. But was thinking of picking it up on my next visit.

My tradition is to have the first drink in town wherever I had my last drink when I left on the previous trip.

That way, as I'm sipping a martini or whatever it is, I can look around and say to myself "What was I so sad about when I left before? I'm back!"

:beer:

7. Beach Crazy

Beach Crazy Hostess With the Mostess

Welcome to the board MDterp. Loved your intro. For a minute I thought I was reading something I wrote. :haha:

8. MDTerp

MDTerp Guest

This sounds like a good idea! I'm going to try to remember this one!

9. MDTerp

MDTerp Guest

Thanks everyone! I'm already enjoying the board

10. yogus

yogus Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Loved the Y'all! I'm also from the Great State Of Maryland.

Good luck on your trip. Hit that 12!

11. VegasSteven

VegasSteven Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow...a lot of MD on this thread. I too am originally from MD. Just moved to Colorado 9 months ago. Miss MD at times, and have grown love CO very much. Two great states. But CO is a "little" closer to Vegas, so that's a major plus.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.