1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ice Cream places

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by pghzoolady, Mar 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pghzoolady

pghzoolady Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have been going to Ghirardelli's for ice cream in Vegas for many years. I know about Serendipity and will give them a try this year. Now that Ghiradell's is gone can any one reccomend another place? I don't like those places that mix up different flavors on some cold stone.

Thanks

2. bigdogmom

bigdogmom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're downtown you've got to try Lappert's, upstairs at the Cal.

3. Happily

Happily High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Häagen-Dazs in Bally's.

4. Sallymander

Sallymander Freedom 55

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll second Lapperts! :licklips:
    If you're serious about your ice cream then this is the place. It's worth the trip Downtown. Period.
    If you go through the hamster-tube from the Cal to MSS you'll find it upstairs.

5. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will third Lapperts!

I have not had it in Vegas, but have had it in other cities. It's a brand from Hawaii (of course it is, it's located at the California, where everything is Hawaiian). Their guava sorbet is amazing.

You can also try Ice Pan. They're sort of hidden at the back of Harrah's (by Toby Keith's), but their ice cream is different from any you've had before. You choose a dairy (whole milk, 2% milk, or soy), a flavor, and a topping. They pour it all onto a cold block and work it until it becomes ice cream. It's not overly sweet and the flavors are all real. I Know you requested no Cold Stone places, but this is different since the ice cream is made from liquid right in front of you. I get mine with soy since I'm slightly lactose intolerant. My favorite is pistachio soy ice cream with banana. They blend pistachios into soy milk, make it into ice cream, and smash in a banana. I also like their red bean soy ice cream with lychee (I promise this might be the best ice cream flavor you've ever tasted). After a long day, I like their chocolate soy ice cream blended with walnuts, mochi, and a chunk of cheesecake. If it's still pomegranate season, get the pomegranate ice cream. They use the juice from half a pomegranate to make your ice cream. It's sweet, tart, and delicious with berries mixed in. The place is run by a lovely Korean couple and they're so nice that you can't help but love them. I heard they might be moving to Linq once they're done building.

Here's a youtube video of them making it:
    http://youtu.be/BVb8BUtrCeg

No, I don't work for Ice Pan, but I do go once or twice a month.

Oh, and their cones are very reasonable. They're $0.75 and made fresh daily. And they're not the super sweet cones you get from other places like Cold Stone. They have a hint of sweetness and caramelization, but it's more a texture contrast for the ice cream as opposed to something that has its own strong flavor.

6. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm staying downtown, so will try Lapperts out and if I hit Harrahs will definitely hit the Ice Pan.

The guys and gals who work at the Ice Pan definitely earn their money that's for sure!!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.