1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Restaurant.com Certificate Question

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by bigdogmom, Mar 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogmom

bigdogmom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I purchased some Restaurant.com certificates a while ago (in 2011). I don't think any of these restaurants are still offering certificates on the site; will I still be able to use them? I know I can exchange them, but I certainly don't want to find that out AFTER I make the effort to go to a specific restaurant! I guess I could call or email each restaurant beforehand but that seems like a royal PITA and I'm not even sure the person answering the phones could give me an accurate answer.

Anyone have experience with this?

2. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would put up with the PITA to verify they're still valid. I'd expect at least one is no longer being honored.

I bought an active coupon from r.com last winter. I wanted to try something new, found a place that looked appealing and off we went. It turned out that even though r.com was selling the coupon, the restaurant wasn't honoring it. (I've joined the legion who believe it's a coupon, not a certificate. Some don't think there's a difference, some do. (Just as some thing frugal and cheap are/aren't the same thing.))

A nice sign on the entrance door said the r.com coupon would not be honored, despite the fact we had just purchased it. I immediately turned around and said let's go somewhere else.

It's Vegas, you're gambling if you show up with an old r.com coupon and expect it will be honored. Feelin' lucky? Have time to kill runnin' around to restaurants in Vegas in hope of getting a discount?

3. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If unsure, can always exchange it on rest.com site for one that is active.

4. westie

westie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mundo no longer participates, but I contacted them via email and the owner said he would honor any outstanding certificates. I would
    suggest you do the same.

5. bigdogmom

bigdogmom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, I went through the list at restaurant.com; two of my certificates (for Queen Victoria Pub and Carve at the Eastside Cannery) are still on the list so that's good! I probably wouldn't use more than two this trip anyway. :)

6. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Big Dog, I had one for Hard Rock last summer and learned the place closed a few weeks after we purchased. Emailed Resturant.com and they credited my account with the equivalent points (no refund). Turned around and bought another cert.

7. pghzoolady

pghzoolady Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rest.com certificate

I had one for Hash House A Go Go that I got last year. Couldn't use it because vacation trip had to be cancelled. When to Resturant.com to see if they were still there to use it this year but they aren't. Got intouch with Resturant.com and they credited my money back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.