1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Yet more hotel rewards have been taken away

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by sandman748, Mar 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sandman748

sandman748 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mandalay Bay and NY NY are gone. I've been saving for mandalay bay for a month and finally hit 100k two days ago. Wasn't able to redeem in time :grrr:

2. Majik9

Majik9 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It happens.... Love tickets disappered too, right as I got to the needed L.P.'s

3. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea, that happened to me with the Tower Suites. That's just the way it goes. I ended up getting the Luxor one and it was awesome. Obviously not as awesome as the Tower Suite, but I got to use the rest of my points for other free things!

Also, it's becoming a busy time in Vegas right now. The next few months are probably the busiest. That could be why, maybe they were low on redemption dates available. I mean I just came back from a Sun-Tues visit and it was just as busy as any weekend, every place I went.

4. schwaiguy

schwaiguy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    rooms are the only reason i play

5. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Many of the rewards come back later on. MLife only releases so many until they are gone. Check back everyday and you may be surprised! :peace:

*edit* The Mandalay Bay one is still there. It might be available around 7:10ish in the morning Vegas time. That's been the normal re-posting time for awards IIRC.

6. sandman748

sandman748 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, looks like they are both back. I swear it wasnt just my imagination. They were gone at one point.

7. Boogaloo

Boogaloo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Quite possible, if you look at the past topics in this forum, there are previous threads about other rewards being removed which have subsequently been brought back (perhaps most notably Terry Fator tickets a short while back).

8. robinpow

robinpow Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I figure was we get nearing to peak season for paying tourists, their might be less to offer.

As for the here-gone-back again. That might be from people who bought then refunded.
    There has to be a limit to how many can be offered, of certain items. So I would assume when the numbers get low they would pull it to prevent overselling. Then a few weeks later, some people will have changed their minds, and asked for a refund of their LP, allowing that reward to be available again.

9. smrtypnts

smrtypnts Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been saving for LOVE too--everyday at 10EST I run to the Mirage tab to see if they've added them back......today I look at 9am EST and they're back...and less expensive! :)

Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  10. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They only offer X number of each item each day until their total reaches zero, then they pull the item (I've seen them toss out 10 or more of a reward that normally has a daily limit of 5 as they get close to running out.)

Once they receive another "batch" of the rewards, they bring the reward back. Sometimes with a higher or lower price, depending on what value MGM resorts puts on the reward. There is no risk of overselling of a reward.

11. Beach Crazy

Beach Crazy Hostess With the Mostess

Also, keep in mind if you get the reward you still may not be able to use it. I was lucky enough to get a one night stay in a Tower Suite at Mirage but when I went to book it, it wasn't available for the day I wanted. :grrr: Wonder if I can return it....I am now closing in on enough LPs to get a one-night weekend stay in a Tower Suite. I'm going to call before I get it to make sure it's available. :peace:

12. StormHawk

StormHawk Yuma, where I work in software.

Trips to Las Vegas:
  13. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    edit: nevermind, they're back already ...

.... and sold out again

14. Scullygirl33

Scullygirl33 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like the $50.00 Monte Carlo F&B is gone...unless they put it back tomorrow morning. It is not even on the page anymore. Darn it was going to try for it in the morning. I know I know... can't complain about not being able to get these things, they are free after all. Just tired of having to rethink and replan things over and over because things dissapear the day before I goto get them.

15. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is crazy! I was able to snag the Monte Carlo $50 F&B just yesterday morning - and I was online when it refreshed again today so I know it was still available as of this morning. I believe it disappeared once before and was put back on the rewards list, so keep checking - it may come back again.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.