1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Luxor - NYNY - MB

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by spauls, Mar 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spauls

spauls Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm looking for a room with a tub that fits 2+ people

I have a reservation for a NYNY "Spa Suite" but I have not gotten much positive feedback on this room from the group. I'm now thinking if I should switch to a Luxor pyramid suite as I just saw a facebook deal for $100 less than my current room. I have also been thinking about Mandalay Bay Great room suite ($150 more than my current room)... I don't really want to spend the extra bank roll on the MB room.

Edit: Looks like I could also do a SPA suite at MB which is closer in price

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  2. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas Earthling/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We stayed in a Luxor pyramid spa suite in 1996. IIRC the spa was big enough for two people, but it wouldn't really work for more than two as there were only two seats.
    My suggestion is to check the Luxor website or call them to confirm the spa size.

3. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The NYNY room you have isn't bad. It's a big hotel room with a nice tub. People talk bad about it because it's not really a suite. But neither are the Spa Suites in the MC or Luxor.

4. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    FYI the Pyramid Spa suites, which are true 2 room suites,from what we were told last December when we checked in, are no longer spa suites, they took out the big spa tubs we stayed in a Pyramid Spa in 08 and while it was nice enough it was not that big due to the sloping walls. The biggest drawback was the sound from LAX was heard all night long in our suite as it was in the South side of the Pyramid, and it was a damn long walk from the inclinators. The Tower Luxury are MUCH nicer, close to THEHotel in lots of ways and better in some like free coffee maker, full fridge and more closet space, ya might check if it is available on the FB offer.

5. spauls

spauls Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Update

Well, I didn't expect to get it, but MyVegas made the decision for me. I was able to grab a Great Room Suite at Mandalay Bay for 2 nights. As I have never been there, but had friends who have really liked it, I thought this might be a good chance to check it out.

It does lead to a few other questions though.
    #1) I couldn't find any convenience stores in the near by area on google maps... Is there anywhere close to pick up a few bottles of booze + snacks cheep in the area?
    #2) For transportation, there seems to be a Tram that goes from MB to Excal. Is that a good way to get to the MGM area, or would we be better off walking? Also what does it cost?
    #3) Any other Mandalay Bay information is welcome.

One more question... How hard will it be to find $5 or $10 Blackjack & Craps in Mandalay Bay? We will be there Monday - Thursday, But mostly gamble at nights.

Thank you so much,
    spauls

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  6. Majik9

Majik9 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As I last recall there is a Liquor store right across the street on Las Vegas Blvd that shares a parking lot with the McDonald's and Subway.

The tram is free and will get you to the intersection of LVB and Tropicana relatively quickly.

$10, maybe... $5 no, however take the tram to Excalibur and you may find some $5 and for sure $10 craps and BJ.

Other M.B. tips, the pool is very cool and the Burger House in the walkway the connects MB to Luxor is well worth the stop for a Burger and Shake.

7. bromad1972

bromad1972 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definitely take the tram to the Excal. Your feet will thank you.

8. spauls

spauls Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you so much for the feedback... I'm getting super excited about this trip now... and its still over 2 months away :cry:

9. spauls

spauls Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is exactly what I was looking for... I was in the Excalibur once before, didn't like it much, so I may just stick with the $10 at Mandalay Bay... I have heard the pool is great, so we are going to give it a try. When you say Burger House, I'm assuming your referring to the Burger Bar, which I now have on my list as well. Thanks so much for the help.

10. bdg626

bdg626 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You may find that you won't even find $10 at MB. I was there on a Sunday (Monday morning) around 4am and couldn't find anything under $25 even though there were plenty of empty tables.

11. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas Earthling/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Burger Bar is awesome!

12. spauls

spauls Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ouch, If that is the case, We will check out the Luxor... maybe NY/NY.

Thanks for the heads up.

13. bromad1972

bromad1972 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well for tables under $10 you are going to have to hit the Excal. There are plenty there at most hours except on the weekend. Luxor may have a few but I have never seen them.

14. Slotchick

Slotchick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In October I saw a few $10 tables at the Luxor but that was early morning and during the day and they bump up to $25 in the evening. The friend I was with (she was on UK time) was able to talk them into a $5 table in the wee hours of the morning for her and her sons to play. Not sure if they normally do it, but they did for her. So I don't think it hurts to ask for a table limit if they aren't busy the worse they will say is 'no'.

15. bdg626

bdg626 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not a problem - I'll try and double check this weekend when I'm there on Sunday and let you know. I usually stay at Aria but my table playing at Monte Carlo - they usually have plenty of $5 and $10 tables.

:beer:

16. spauls

spauls Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks so much! My wife and I had a really good time in the Monty Carlo and if it wasn't for the free room we are getting at MB with the MyVegas credits, my plan was to play there a lot. I look forward to your update.

spauls :beer:

17. barnaj

barnaj Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ive stayed in the NYNY spa suite probably 15-20 times. Usually solo but sometimes with a guest. The tub is plenty big to accomodate 2. I think its a stretch calling it a "suite", but its a great room if you consider you just sleep, $hit and maybe something else, if youre lucky, in a Vegas room! :beer:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.