1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Clothes shopping for men!

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by pepsi2020, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pepsi2020

pepsi2020 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all... In general shopping in the USA is alot cheaper than shopping in the UK ... Where is best places to go for mens clothes designers and non designers basically if something is nice ill buy it label doesn't mean too much but saying that ill buy a designer guarment if I like it ..

I'll be bringing enough clothes for 3 days and nights and the rest ill buy out there ... Any advice or tips will be very welcome...

2. JDinTN

JDinTN MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Go to the Las Vegas Premium Outlets.

3. thenuke1

thenuke1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    if you want good deals on Non label brands that are still good quality.

go to the las vegas premium outlets South just take all Las Vegas Blvd pass Ny Ny, MGM, Excal, Luxor, Mandalay Bay, 4 seasons, & the chopper tours. keep driving and the place will be on your left.

Go to the store called Burlington Brands (located at the corner of the nike side of the outlet) they have a bunch of low priced clothing for every occasion

polos, undershirts, button downs, sweat pants, dress pants, casual pants, sweaters, anything you can think of they have it

4. pepsi2020

pepsi2020 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks you very much i'm staying at the mgm so that info was great..:beer:

5. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cheaper than outlets (but with disparate variety, esp for men) would be the Nordstrom Rack, TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Ross Dress for Less. I shop these stores at home, but you never know what they'll have in stock. For basics, you'll probably be ok.

I think there's a Ross north on the Strip by Riviera, but for any of the other stores you'll need a rental car.

I love the Premium Outlets (North are my favorite) because there are outlets there I do not have nearby. If I'm shopping on vacation, it's to get something I cannot get at home. I realize for our british visitors, it can make a great deal of fiscal sense to do more shopping here in the US....

For "normal" prices, you can visit Fashion Show mall, Forum shops at Caesars, Miracle Mile shops at Planet Hollywood......

6. Iu25

Iu25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I go to the north premium outlets as well every time I go to Vegas anymore. I love buying clothes at Guess, Polo, CK, Nautica, Timberland, Nike, etc. Its a great outlet with tons of stores and many many different price ranges.

7. Julie888

Julie888 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since you're at MGM, you're just a few minutes walk to Ross Dress for Less. You might find extras (socks, etc) even if you don't like the clothes. People are buying bagfulls of things there.

If you decide to check out the Fashion Show Mall, do it on Fr. Sat. or Sun. to get the sales. Macy's gives an additional discount to out-of-towners. Get your coupon at customer service.

I prefer the North Premium Outlet Center. It has more upscale stores. Unfortunately it's not too easy to get to without a car.

8. pepsi2020

pepsi2020 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great feedback thanks ..... Do hotels have shopping malls inside them that I can check out .. Thanks

9. HoyaHeel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, as I listed already.

10. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    North outlets are great

Hugo boss, Ralph lauren, burberry and dolce and gabana all have stores there

11. lionelhutz

lionelhutz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    we were at that one a few days ago.
    it was way beyond awful.
    an awful selection of awful clothes in store full of awful people.

12. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    since you are staying at MGM - consider the shops at Planet Hollywood. Just up the street a bit, and lots of options. Lots.

13. marktaylor

marktaylor Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    im also from the uk and everytime i go to vegas i always buy clothes to bring back
    especially when you can get levi 501's for $40 ( £85 in uk )

i always end up spending a load in the ralph lauren outlet shop in the north centre , really cheap good quality stuff , im still using t shirts and polo shirts i brought on our first trip in 2009 !!!!

to be honest if you are only bringing a few clothes for a couple of days and your gonna buy the rest out there i would cosider just using hand luggage on the flight and buying a case out there to ship all the stuff home

i always put a day aside for shopping and go to both outlet centres and with the prices being low its really worth booking a car for one day to drive to the places

the 2 outlet centres you want are

http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp?id=58 ( north near freemont street area )

http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp?id=58 ( south approx 3 miles south of mandalay bay on LVB )

if you do consider getting a car use dollar.co.uk ( dont use .com ) the prices are very reasonable but more expensive on the .com site

14. pepsi2020

pepsi2020 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    great info ....

15. schwaiguy

schwaiguy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Ross, and Burlington Coat Factory.

I regularly hit these in Vegas, as I live in a shitty place with only a Wal Mart.

You can find the same stuff in the outlets at half the price. I've made some very good purchases at these places over the years--like Beverly Hills Polo Club t-shirts for $4 or nice Calvin Klein button-down shirts for $20.

Rent a car, plug these into yahoo local for the addresses, and put them in the gps.

You may want to even try a goodwill. In the Southwest,Target donates their unsold merchandise, and this includes a lot of brand new clothes with the labels still on. We got a great deal on our Sony bigscreen tv there.

My wife used to go buy Levis for $5 there. Some were new--parents buy for their kids, the kids never wear, they get donated..
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QK8mJJJvaes" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  16. HoyaHeel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went to a bunch of thrift stores on my last visit because my husband had an appt over on the nwest side....There are a bunch of stores on Charleston & Sahara by Decatur (I actually found them searching on Google maps, plotted them out and drove around....)

If I were in Vegas once, and wanted to shop, I'd hit the outlets. But we did the outlets that trip too, I was in the neighborhood, and I like thrift stores, so:thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.