1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Standby on Southwest Airlines

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Jimbo338, Mar 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is something I have never seen or heard about. Perhaps SWA doesn't have multiple flights close to each other but if you were waiting for a connecting flight and there was a flight before yours could you give the attendant your name for standby in case of a cancellation or if there was an open seat? Is this done on SWA flights? Has anyone ever done it?

If so, do you have to pay the difference from your online cost and the reg price like if you change dates ( when my mom dies when I had just got to LV in 2005, it cost me more to CHANGE the return flight than the roundtrip flight did in the first place). Has anyone ever done this? I was curious cause I hae neve seen this since I started flying SWA.

Jimbo338

2. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have done it once, and that was Buffalo to BWI, Buffalo to BWI is only a 40 minute flight and I really wanted to get out of dodge early, flight was at 1pm and they have like 8 flights a day to BWI so I asked them and I got on standby for a 9am flight. Luckily I got on.... Some flights just arent full...I will say its a rare occurrence you see a SWA not completely full, but it does happen.

3. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Once, and only once this happened to me.

I was going to check the bags, then go do breakfast, then go thru the line and such. I quick-parked across from the ticket counter in OMA and when I checked the bags they asked me if I would want an earlier flight. Seems they were overbooked on my original flight. I accepted, quickly parked in the long-term, and took the earlier flight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.