1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Are men subsidizing women's good time?

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by Snowbelle3, Mar 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most places will let women in for free generally. If not, getting on a guestlist or getting a guest pass for complimentary entry is not difficult.

We try to rationalize it, but it's not exactly fair that men have to pay (even when on a guestlist or with a guest pass) while women do not.

I guess across the nation (and probably the world), the women get "pampered" if you will with regard to the nightlife scene...even in the more mundane scenario when men offer a woman a drink. So it's not exactly unique to Vegas.

However, does it at all bother you? The truth is, I am so used to it that I would simply go without the nightlife if they charged women at least to the same degree they charge men.

2. Kickin

Kickin Flea

I'm a guy and I like it that way! Otherwise the place becomes nothing but a total sausage fest.

3. Military Mike

Military Mike Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got to agree with KC, most of the clubs would be dead. Maybe not vegas but out side of a big city with a lot of places do generally cater to women either halfprice drinks or free entry:beer:

4. Huddler

Huddler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its a fair trade off: Women have to put up with alot more crap like menstrual periods each month, and have to spend A LOT more time, money, and effort on personal hygiene, makeup, clothing, etc., and we have to pay the cover charge and buy a few drinks. I am ok with it!:beer:

5. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup... agreed on that one!

6. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We used to have ladies nights here in san diego until some guys complained that it was not fair and discriminatory.

Now we no longer have ladies nights and the bars suck because of those 2 guys.

Any guy with half a brain would rather be in a bar full of women then a bar full of men.

7. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL, no, it doesn't bother me at all. :) :)

However, I never go to those oh-so-trendy clubs which I'm sure everyone's referring to here.

The club managers want to balance the crowd, and since the demand will be higher by the guys, they will give ladies a break on price to keep the ratio even.

8. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ....but women drive the club scene sooooo..... [​IMG]

Think about it. Fellas generally don't want to go a sausage factory. A club is a great club if it has a favorable women:men ratio.

Hell it's the same with music. A lot of the shit on radio is driven by women liking it and so men follow.

Also, I might add, that women on women is more acceptable is society than man on man. In essence, women present a more versatile sex generally. What you talk about is even the case in swinger clubs. Women will pay less.

I'm guessing those 2 guys were gay. [​IMG]

9. Laura_W

Laura_W Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If there's women, men will come. And what a better way to get women to come than to offer it free! Works for me! lol

10. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hate it, in my hometown girls wait in line and pay like everyone else

11. BackInVegas

BackInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ladies nights are the best

I am in favor of women getting anything for free. Same for me.

Unfortunately, I certainly don't get much for free.

True story, I was just at a college reunion in our college town. At our college the guy to girl ratio was 9 guys to one girl.

We had a DIVE bar, and I do mean dive, where the only women that were in there were hard core drunks when I was in college. The bar sponsored our summer softball team, and my name was on a few of the softball trophies. This is the place where I was drinking underage and I am baby faced to begin with.

We are telling one in our group about this dive bar. So we take her there. OMG. It is cleaned up. There is an actual GLASS door as the front door and lights are on. The place is spotless. The place is PACKED. With a lot of ladies. A lot. Actual tables of only women. Women from another school, that would NEVER associate with us, were there. I am sure my jaw was on the floor.

Us old farts were in complete shock.

Now, why were these ladies there? Ladies night. Ladies drink for free from ffrom 9 PM to 1 AM on Wednesdays and Thursdays.

I finally asked one of the bartenders where the softball trophies were and she said when they cleaned the place up they threw them all away. She also said she HATED cleaning those and she was glad to throw them out.

BTW, the bar loved having us derelicts in town because we congregated there starting at 8:30 AM and usually ended up there later on.

I also learned of FIREBALL Whiskey. Very tasty stuff.

12. farkingidiot

farkingidiot High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I actually think it's :cuss: , sco (you have GOT to get a name that rolls off the metaphorical tongue a little better, lol) (BTW, nice story BIV, lol.)

I honestly never understood the rationale. Now I'm making some generalizations, but on the whole, women are going to spend far less than the average male at a club.
    • Most of the time when you see table service, it's guys who are paying for it, not women. Men generate more money for the club.
    • Men tend to drink more, just due to the size difference, hence, they pay more again.
    • Who gets drinks bought for them more? Men or women?
    • I never understood not only letting women in for free, but also letting them cut in front of everyone else (i.e. pulling them out of the waiting line). I would think a better selling point to lure men and women into a club is seeing some attractive people in line. If I'm a guy and all I see are other guys waiting in line, what's my incentive to go in and check things out? Hope there is a hottie inside? Or is the better lure making the hottie wait in line like everyone else, so I can be lured into the club cause I saw here waiting in line and know her and her friends will be inside?
    • Ever check out the websites where they take pictures inside the clubs? Ever notice 90% of the pictures are of women? Why is that? Seriously? I've seen some sharp dressed guys when I've been out. Wouldn't women want to see that you have some handsome guys in the club?

Although I'm an old guy at 50 years old and I'm married, we still like to hit the clubs,. It's always nice to get reduced fare for my wife, but it always irritated me to pay full boat for myself for no real reason.

13. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Yes, because they want women.

Yes, and they're there because they want women.

Women do and men do the buying. No women = no men buying shit.

Because when you see a bunch of guys in line you know there is going to be a better ratio of men/women inside....ergo better chances of getting laid.

oh my goodness....who the hell wants to look at pictures of dudes?

yeah i think this has seriously warped your sense of logic when it comes to what motivates single guys

14. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i'd actually be thinking the opposite, that's its gonna be a complete sausage fest

getting a report on the actual attendance inside would be ideal

15. Kickin

Kickin Flea

clubs that aren't selective are more likely to be sausage fests. a sign indicating the number of women vs men inside the club would be useful...sleazy but useful...but the line is a signal right there that they're selective. think efficient markets, if the place is known to usually be a sausage fest then guys aren't going to wait to get in. if guys want to get in w/o waiting they can get a table, grease some palms, have a hook-up, or bring girls. its the same in any city with a big nightlife.

16. cha4zz

cha4zz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I fall into the under 25 group, and most of my group (including myself) have a gf. Yet we still go to clubs and buy bottle service because we're there to drink and have a good time rather than to get women. On the occasions that we get ourselves a table, its normally for a special occasion or simply because we cba to queue for drinks.

I'm not saying that most men that go to clubs aren't looking for women, just your view that all men go to clubs because they want women is wrong.

17. Kickin

Kickin Flea

I wasn't saying every single guy who shows up w/o a girl is looking for women, some guys just want to hang with guys. and if you're buying bottle service you're not waiting. If you aren't buying bottle service and you're not with your girlfriends and you just want to hang out with your boys then yeah, you're going to wait or just go to any one of hundreds of other bars to drink. live with it.

again, this is the same as any selective club in any city.....people are sounding like its something surprising...vegas didn't invent it...in fact the ultralounge scene was huge here and other cities for years before there was even a whiff of it in vegas.

18. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Meh, its all about the demand. The women get in free because they are largely the attraction the nightclub is selling.

Its not about fair. Men want to go mostly because women are there. Women may be used to the free rides, but a lot more of them would pay to go out and dance and drink if they knew there would be no guys than guys would if there were no ladies.

19. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I was in my 30's......

I used to go to night clubs to dance and meet guys. We girls would go early so we could get our favorite tables. Plus, they would give everybody a discount on
    drinks too. So when we walked into the club the guys would already be at the
    bar and would look us over and we would look them over.

We gals were not making much money so we would ask for one drink and a glass of water and that was it. Some guys would buy us drinks.

All the night clubs that we would go to were free. But I do remember that there were some clubs where we all had to pay a fee and we gals would pay it.

Presently, the popular night clubs do look down the line and choose the pretty single gals into their clubs. The couples have to wait in line.

One time at the Mirage Hotel a gal friend and I were staying there. We noticed the night club and wanted to go in but they wouldn't let us in. They kept telling us we had to wait in a different line. We would see the pretty gals could just walk into the night club. Plus, the rich looking young men were also allowed
    to just walk into the night club. It looked like they already knew the people that
    could just walk in.

My friend and I were in our 50's and we kept complaining that we were staying at the Mirage and they should let us in. They were deaf to our complaints.

I decided to go under their roped area to walk into the night club but they threw us out.lol. I really didn't want to go in because it was a young crowd.

It is now 2013..... and I am an old lady and I am allowed to go into any night club in Vegas. They even give me free passes to get into the night clubs.
    But.... I don't enjoy the loud new dance music so I don't bother. Plus, the old men are still chasing the young girls in the clubs.

I prefer the Happy Hour music where there are people of all ages. We all have a lot of fun. LucyR.

20. Steve1212

Steve1212 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed! Not all men are looking to meet and hook up with women at night clubs. Nor are all women looking for old men trying to impress them by buying them a few drinks.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.