1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CET / Total Rewards New Credit Card

Discussion in 'Comps' started by nostresshere, Mar 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since this is sort of a comp - read all about it here.

For those trying to keep credits valid, the same 6 month rule is there.

2. habs0nut

habs0nut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wonder if this might be accessible to Canadians. I noticed in the fine print that zero liability is only for "US-issued cards". Does this mean they will be issuing cards outside the US?

3. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have the BoA TR card that they are ending. Nice to see they are replacing it. The big question is what the annual fee will be...nothing I have read answers that yet. We switched to a Southwest card soon as we heard the old TR card program was ending. We will see in a few weeks what the benefits/pitfalls are to this new card. I will probably get it since the old one worked great for us, we usually only get to a property once a year.

4. AndyAkeko

AndyAkeko Time magazine's 2006 Person of the Year

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The fine print says the cards will be issued through Comenity Bank. While they don't have the Total Rewards card up yet, on their general FAQ they say you must have a permanent U.S. address to apply. http://www.comenity.net/comenity/UsingAccount/FAQ/

5. voltron12

voltron12 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ha, I did the same thing with the southwest card. Hate to get another card but if the rewards are good enough and the annual fee is not huge, will jump on board and just cancel the southwest before next years annual fee comes up.

6. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmm thats interesting. They are the same bank that issues the Victoria's Secret card.
    Now they just need to get into alcohol branded CC to cover all the bases.

7. Vegas Dave

Vegas Dave Newbie

What are 10k points worth? $100?

8. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:

50 points are worth $.50
    100 points are worth $1.00

10,000 points are worth $100.00

(at CET locations of course)

9. sapphirevegas

sapphirevegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice to see that they are just giving away platinum status now after I worked so hard to attain it last year...:Þ

10. stuntin909

stuntin909 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Freebee plat status? I'll take it lol. Lost a lot the last few years just to get that so thats about a 5k savings for me off the bat haha.

11. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There must be a annual fee. Just the $100 given away on the free buffets to me indicate this. If there isn't, I see zero reason why anyone shouldn't get this.

12. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do find it interesting to what sapphire and stuntin said... you get plat automatically that doesnt make sense... but who the hell am I ?

Someone correct me... You get to keep your RC's but not your Tier right... Tier reset no matter what every year ??

13. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Well I read it as no matter how many tier points you earn, you are always platinum as long as you keep the card. You can never drop down to Gold.

Tiers are generally earned by last years play. So play I did in 2012 determines my status in 2013. Tier Points reset on Jan 1st, but your tier level is determined by your tier points from before the reset. Your comment sounds like you thought tier level reset back to gold for everyone as well, and this is not the case.

14. lvpeg

lvpeg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The way I see it, being Platinum means very little. What does it really get you other than an additional 5% at CET gift shops.

15. macfisto

macfisto Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Being Platinum also gets you priority lines in Vegas (buffets, restaurants, cashier, etc.) as well as now apparently waived resort fees.

16. lvpeg

lvpeg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmm...If it waives resort fees, then definitely worth it to me. I guess time will tell. According to the TR website, only Diamond gives you priority in lines, but maybe that's not the actual case.

17. Military Mike

Military Mike Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok so now where's the hook? I mean majority of the US is either in the 600's with their credit score, has no credit or is trying to dig them selves out of debt. My question is what is the min credit score are they looking at to have people actually apply and recieve it?

18. macfisto

macfisto Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

The TR website has always said that only Diamond gets priority lines, but you will find in Vegas that pretty much every CET buffet except Caesars includes Platinum.

19. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not reading this that you get to stay Platinum forever. Otherwise why would they say if you are already Platinum that this assures you keep it for the next year. I think for gold like me, I would get bumped to Platinum for the rest of the year.

20. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ladies and Gents....

I talked to a rather helpful TR desk person here at Pho today... She said they havent announced yet if there is a annual rate or not.... or if its plat for life...

She said the credit card that they have ends march 31st, so the new details will be released April 1.....

My thoughts about this Josie are who knows honestly.... It could be Plat with say a $100 dollar annual fee which is worth it LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.