1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Gordon Ramsey Steakhouse.

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by GA Redneck, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GA Redneck

GA Redneck Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is it exspensive? How much for a cpl with a Boyle of wine? And is it good and worth the price?

2. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anything with a celebrity chef name attached will be pricier than it needs to be. Anything with Gordon Ramsey's name attached will be jacked up even further. It's a plate of food, not a meeting with God, but you'd never know it by the way people trip over themselves to praise the little ogre. Feel free to line his bank accounts.

3. GA Redneck

GA Redneck Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OUCH! Just read menu! Any steakhouse with better food and prices?

4. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, it is expensive.

My guess is 2 people with a bottle of wine (assuming something for apps and some dessert) will run you into the $250-$300 range ... probably closer to $300 with tip.

It is very good. If you go, you need to try the Sticky Toffee Pudding for dessert (the two of you can probably split it).

Worth it? That's all relative. I found it worth it, but I'm used to high end strip steakhouse prices.

5. BlueSkadoo

BlueSkadoo VMB Sweetheart

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought it was good, but not great. I'm really glad we tried it, but it's not somewhere I would put on the "must return every trip" list. It was very pricey, but we did a tasting with wine pairings. (I thought the pairings weren't very well matched either.) The service was outstanding, and they timed things just right. I would imagine a meal for a couple, with a mediocre bottle of wine would easily be north of 300, without extras. A word of caution though, it can be pretty hard to get in, and they are often booked up for months. It is also loud, so if you're looking for a romantic meal...consider somewhere else, like one of the bellagio restaurants. Those are much more proprosal appropriate! :thumbsup:

6. BlueSkadoo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you just looking for a good steakhouse meal or a romantic steakhouse meal?

7. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I noticed this and came back to comment, too.

GA Redneck, I noticed your proposal thread. So let me temper my above review by pointing out that the atmosphere in Gordon Ramsey steak may not be exactly what you're looking for if you're going for high romance (either proposing there, or celebrating afterwards).

The decor is a bit loud and modern, and the music a bit loud too, and it just doesn't scream "romantic dinner" to me. Heck of a good meal, but maybe not exactly what you're looking for.

Aside from the aforementioned Bellagio restaurants, Delmonico at Venetian would also be more of a "proposal atmosphere".

8. GA Redneck

GA Redneck Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    BlueSkadoo & Nevyn thanks so much for you're replies. Yes looking for something romantic for either the proposal or dinner after I do it to celebrate. Y'all got any hook ups?

9. hondo230

hondo230 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are better

The place is just average as far as taste goes. nothing special. Glad that we tried it, but would never return. There are many other places that are better, IMHO. Overpriced even for Vegas standards.

10. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmm, if your looking for some place romatic than I would said Eiffel Tower Rest is a great place. Pricey but not Gordon Ramsey pricey.

VooDoo Steak at the Rio is an awesome place IMHO, low lighting, good food, you could get app, dinner, desert and couple of drinks for under $200. The views at the tables next to the windows are great, especially the ones facing east towards the strip.

If you are really a steak person, than I would go to the Circus Circus steakhouse. Still the best IMHO on the LV strip. Not much on atmosphere.

Foundation room or Manderian Oriental bar would be a great place for drinks afterwards to celebrate.

11. vegasbound

vegasbound VIP Whale

I had a $300 meal (comped, thankfully) at GR and while the steak was very good I didn't find it was worth it. It's definitely not romantic and it is VERY loud.

Steak and romance? I'd say Prime at Bellagio.

12. GA Redneck

GA Redneck Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vegasbound thanks so much! That's where I'm staying so I'm thinking that may be the place! You got connections? :thumbsup:

13. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Prime is great, but pricey in my opinion. Last time I ate there with the wife, I couldn't get out the door for less than $400. The F'in appetizers were 30 bucks! You will definitely like it and given the occasion you maybe better off shooting the works. I need to save alot of EC credits before I go back.

14. BlueSkadoo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have done Prime, and the fountains are very special. If you tell the concierge what you're up to, I think they would hook you up. But....I also like Funkhouser's idea of the Eiffel Tower restaurant. The food is a little more french....but I bet you could get steak there as well. He will have to give you an idea of the price, I've never made it there. Guys, what about the Swan Court at Aureole? I've heard good things but maybe some people who have been can chime in?

As a female, I want your lady's proposal to be nice...you know, karma and stuff.

15. GA Redneck

GA Redneck Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I tell the concierge what I'm up to, you think they would hook me up... Such as?

16. BlueSkadoo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A really nice table and a hearty congratulations.

17. GA Redneck

GA Redneck Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I see. I was hoping you we're gonna say a comped meal!! :haha:

18. Starz22

Starz22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really want to eat here in June. I'am a Ramsey fan,but paying over 100 dollars for a meal just doesn't sit well with me. Many have said the place is loud...I like loud,just not when I'm eating. Reviews on the food are mixed as to be expected...

Many people have mentioned the Golden Steer? I think thats the name.A few of the cab drivers have said that place is great. I think they said it's off the strip and has that old Vegas feel and look.I believe I saw a snippet about it on the food network channel.
    If I'm paying hundreds of dollars for a meal...I guess I want it to be in a place I can enjoy eating it in.

19. vegasbound

vegasbound VIP Whale

Prime is pricey, but you could get out for less than $400. Appetizers are $15-$24 except for the foie gras and market price items, Entrees are $40-$60 and sides $12-$18. I'd put it around $300 with three courses each and a bottle of wine.

Don't do Golden Steer. Nowhere near the same quality or ambience. We spent $215 there and it was no more than a $100 meal.

20. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Worth noting that Ramsey also has a burger place (BurGR) at PH and a Pub at Caesars.

If you just want to eat at a GR restaurant you can do it cheaper. Or, you could probably just go into the bar part of the restaurant after a cheaper meal and order the sticky pudding ...

Anyway, I'm not sure loud is the exact right word. Certainly not as quiet as some places, but I don't think its so loud you could not have a conversation (I was in the bar part though). But mainly. its just that both the decoration and music are more "contemporary" that a traditional high end restaurant. So what noise there is is not particularly mood setting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.