1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Need Help With Drag Queen Shows

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Alexisms, Mar 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexisms

Alexisms Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a client going to Vegas in July who is interested in Drag Queen shows. I've done a google search, but can anyone give me feedback on any of the shows?

Thanks in advance

2. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    went to the http://www.yelp.com/biz/frank-marinos-divas-las-vegas-las-vegas show.

yelp reviews all say it's the greatest show in the world. i didn't think so.

went in 2012, when Human Nature was still at the Quad. allegedly the Divas tix are more valuable than the HN show. no way!

every performer in the show does 2-3 characters, so one actor may be spot on as cher, but not so much as dolly parton. sometimes they come into the audience, so if you're not up front, you'll see them up close. (that's a lot of makeup.)

frank hosts the show and tells a lot of dated jokes. all of the performers are lip syncing. honestly, they'd be better off having female look-a-likes impersonating britney spears or tina turner. it's not that impressive having a skinny dude lip syncing to bette midler.

people love it, so i guess i don't know what good entertainment is.

that's the only show i know of.

3. BlueSkadoo

BlueSkadoo VMB Sweetheart

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Drink and Drag downtown on Fremont Street/Neonopolis also has drag queen shows. They will sometimes have touring girls (as a special event) depending on the weekend. Some of the bartenders are queens and also perform regularly.

4. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lip-synching is part of the drag queen schtick. It's a jab in the ribs that they're in on the joke, unlike Britney Spears. A very few actually sing with their own voice, but that's about as rare as a strip hotel without resort fees.

5. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i get that, but that doesn't make it impressive. if they sang, it'd be more impressive. since they don't, and a lot of the impersonations are less than amazing, the show didn't entertain me that much. as i noted, most people seem to love it, so clearly i don't get it.

6. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Understandable. I don't get the appeal of rap, either, but there it is. :vomit:

7. S'AllGoodMan

S'AllGoodMan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The best drag shows are in PTown and Kelly kielbasa does her own singing. No where near Vegas, but there it is.

B

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.