1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

It pays to book way in advance because...

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by LucyR., Mar 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had booked the Flamingo for March 3rd, and also for May14th. That means I don't have to pay their resort fees since I booked months in advance.

I had also booked the Paris hotel way in advance also so I will not have to pay the Resort fee on March 31,2013. YEAH!

My airfare is already pre-paid also with a low rate.

If I want to go back to Vegas in the future..... I have noticed that THE QUAD Hotel has the $10. resort fee presently. I expect the resort fee to go up after the hotel is completed with their new construction.
    I know the rooms are presently old buy I truly enjoy their Catalyst Bar music area to hang out at. So I would like to stay there before the resort fees go up.

My favorite hotel is the NYNY because I always have fun at their Happy hour bar during day and night. I plan to look for deals. It is also one of the few hotels that you can print your air boarding pass at their hotel.

My other choice is the Mirage because they let you use one of their robes as part of the Resort fee. I heard that the room rate can go as low as $29.99 if you find it when they have a special. I plan to look for their specials.

What is really great about the resort fees is that I get to use my wifi computer
    every day with no extra fees. Plus, free local calls. LucyR.

2. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sweet! Glad you locked it in.

I can't wait to try this bar.

3. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always enjoy your posts Lucy...don't get me wrong...we always have paid for the internet at CET props. The resort fee at most of them is higher than the internet fee was. Technically you ARE paying that extra fee, they just renamed it....it is not free.

4. Dewey089

Dewey089 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also, many of us that paid the wifi fee with CET did not do it every day. 24 hours of wifi was enough every three days or so.

I agree with booking early.
    And often.

I'm often double booked until nearer the time to do. Then I cancel. Booking early is good insurance. However, booking direct is important when booking early because it maintains flexibility. Those hotmail deals can't easily be modified when 5 book nights turns into only 3, but directly booked rooms can be.

5. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lucy, a couple of months ago I locked in a low price for Planet Hollywood in May of only $76.00 a night. I had no idea they would begin implementing a resort fee, but aside from that, those same nights are now listed at way over $100.00!

6. burdog

burdog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We booked late Aug. and early Sept. because we had free nights @ Caesars. Learned couple years ago to book the free nights @ Caesars when we get them because that don't happen to us very often. (We lost comp stay there before- not gonna let that happen again).

7. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Tammy

I understand that the wifi is not free because of the resort fees. But it is nice to
    be able to use my computer in my hotel room every day. It makes me feel like I am at home by contacting my relatives on Facebook.

I am planning to stay at THE QUAD at $10. per day for a few days when I find a great room deal. I love hanging out at their Catalyst Bar and listen to the music and singing and I get to dance too.

I also plan to book Harrahs since they don't have a resort fee presently. LucyR.

8. Reston

Reston VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're probably confused by the language on CET's website that says Internet access at Harrah's is available for a nominal fee. (The old, pre-Resort Fee language is still present throughout their website. You have to cut CET some slack, though. It is SO hard to update text on a website and they've only had a few months to get ready for this.)

9. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lucy, Harrah's is part of CET which charges $10-$20 per day + taxes which went in to effect March 1st. The Quad you can get most days comped if you have a TR card. Harrah's is $18 + tax per day. The resort fee per day is not negotiable if you are paying for your room. If you are comped like me you have the option to pay the resort fee, which i believe you plan on doing, it means each day you will get Internet access for one device for your entire stay. I choose not to use the resort fee on my comped rooms, so my total bill is "0". If at all possible, try to get comped rooms, at The Quad and/or Harrah's. That way you will only be paying the resort fee.

10. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sometimes! But, I find there are no specials or deals if you book way early. But if I find a good deal I book it. I did book MGM for July last month, because they sent me a ridiculously cheap deal.

I don't care about resort fees, now I just have an excuse to avoid CET's dirty properties haha.

11. smrtypnts

smrtypnts Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hahahaha:nworthy::thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.