1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Billboard music awards

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by beaumontbhoy, Feb 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beaumontbhoy

beaumontbhoy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I see these are in MGM on may 19th. Is it easy to get tickets and much would they be

2. Frankr163

Frankr163 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I attended the BB Music Awards last year and paid around $100 per ticket thru ticketmaster.
    However they were terrible seats, all the way across from the stage. We couldn't tell Taylor Swift from James Taylor.
    If you go, spring for good floor seats. I really enjoyed the show, but it would of been so much better, if the view was better.

Anniversary Trip
  3. pompous

pompous Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very easy to get tickets. As already said, they were ~$100 last year. I got mine from concierge at The Signature either the day before, or the day of last year. Pretty cool to go see I thought. Then, a lot of them go out to the clubs afterwards FYI

4. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea I went last year. I actually won them from the @Vegas twitter, but yes you can buy them from Ticketmaster. It was a pretty cool show, but the tickets are rather expensive.

Also you can be a seatfiller for free, if you are younger and want to waste part of the day.

5. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I want these tickets. I wonder how soon they go up. Wish I knew when the line-up of performances and list of nominations comes out.

6. bruce from NJ

bruce from NJ Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Billboard Awards

I went several years ago and plan on going on the 19th. Also waiting for the nominations list.

7. heatherlovesvegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Probably in April I would guess.

8. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift and Bruno Mars, who have all topped the Billboard 200 in the past year, as well as critically acclaimed R&B stylist Miguel, are each set to perform at the 2013 Billboard Music Awards, airing live on ABC from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas on May 19.

They join previously announced performer Prince, who will be honored with the Billboard Icon Award during the broadcast, produced by Don Mischer and sponsored by Chevrolet and the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority.

Billboard Music Award tickets go on sale tomorrow, April 4 at 1 p.m. ET/10 a.m. PT, and will be available at MGM Grand and Ticketmaster locations. The show will air Sunday, May 19 at 8/7c on ABC. Stay tuned for more announcements on musical acts and presenters.

9. beaumontbhoy

beaumontbhoy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Trying to get tickets. Only far away tickets seems available. Is this normal

10. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes it's normal - this is a music industry event. All of the close seats are occupied by music industry professionals including the nominees, performers, presenters and their entourages. The seats on sale to the public are farther back.

11. beaumontbhoy

beaumontbhoy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will closer be made available nearer the time?

12. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  13. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just seeing this post now. Thanks!

14. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I doubt it, but you could always call in to Ticketmaster to get more information.

15. DBear

DBear VIP Bear

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tickets will only get woes and further back the longer you wait to buy. I waited one year. Tix were still available a week prior. Tix sold out a few days later and I was left having to pay scalper prices if I wanted to attend. I didn't pay the $250 one scalper wanted for a $69 seat, but there were plenty of buyers around him willing to pay. Only thing I learned is that this will sell out, so buy as early as you can.

16. heatherlovesvegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Personally, I had a good time last year, but I wouldn't pay to go, certainly not $250! It's not even a good awards show. Maybe it's my jaded LA living self, but I've been to far more exciting events than this awards show.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.