1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Liquor store/Deli across from the El Cortez has some great subs!

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Ratpacker13, Mar 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ratpacker13

Ratpacker13 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ever noticed the little liquor store/deli across from The El Cortez next to Mamita's Mex/Cuban joint? Well inside that store they got a pretty nice sandwich counter crankin' out some pretty awesome subs on the cheap!

I found this joint when I went on an ice run when working an event that was taking place around the corner. Went in and spied a small line for the deli, I was a bit hungry, pressed for time, so I figured why not?

They have a full deli case, slice meats fresh on the regular and use nice fresh grinder rolls with your choice of toppings, made fresh to order. The sandwiches are great, quick and fresh and cheap with a sandwich and a can of soda for about $5. Better than Subway by far, cool staff and what's more, fans of the TV show Starsky & Hutch might luck out and run into Antonio Fargas aka Huggy Bear! I flipped out when I saw the autographed pic behind the counter, I inquired about it and was told that he comes in on occassion! BAD ASS RIGHT!?

So the next time you want a quick and fresh sandwich downtown, give 'em a try and you will be pleasantly suprised!

2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's the Fremont Family Market and your description is on the money... sadly though they just announced they'll be closing soon. They're a "casualty" of the redevelopment going on in the area and were unable to successfully negotiate a new lease. While the deli part of the business was indeed popular, the closure of the market will mean the closest food market is clear down at Bruce and Charleston. Hard to imagine that'll last long with such a push for Zappos employees and others to live downtown, but at least for now... the market's on a short leash.

3. maineguy

maineguy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just talked to owner and they are there until end of march, then will move and join a competitor at 11th and fremont I believe called Family Food Mart.

4. jd2874

jd2874 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That sucks.....I will be in Downtown in April and was looking forward to trying the sandwiches at the food mart. Guess we will have to find the new location....

5. maineguy

maineguy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    4 blocks down from old location.

6. VinnieVegas

VinnieVegas Guest

Yeah its good hangover food

7. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ugh...not walking down there.

Thread Status: