1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Stick with MLife Property or Go for Mandarin?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by AusTex11, Mar 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AusTex11

AusTex11 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been juggling between a stay at the Mandarin Oriental or sticking with an MGM property to consolidate all my spending within their system, rack up some extra tier credits and still manage a nice room.

The corner city view at Aria on my last trip was really great, and now I'm looking at booking another nice experience for my upcoming trip in April. Should I book on MLife and maximize the amount of tier credits I can accrue from this trip by tacking on a room reservation or should I not worry about that at all and just book a nice time at the Mandarin?

If I book through MLife, I'm mainly looking at doing a nice space at Bellagio or Aria. A bit about the trip - my friends will be staying at Monte Carlo, and as it stands, we always ends up doing most of our gambling and spending at MLife related properties. It'll be my boyfriend and I sharing the room. We're in our 20s, and can appreciate both hustle and bustle or quiet and peace. We don't anticipate being in our room all the time, but I really appreciate a nice place to just unwind in after a long day out.

Thanks for any input, everyone! :thumbsup:

2. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Having stayed at all these properties and considering your needs this trip, I can say Aria is a clear choice.

With the corner suite preference you'll get a far better value on this type room at Aria vs comparable offerings at Bellagio or Mandarin. Plus you have a comp opportunity on your play and ez access to friends at Monte Carlo.

I feel Bellagiobis dated and despite the room remodel, they can't add windows. I stayed in a comparable room at Mandarin but that normally goes for about double an Aria corner suite and I like it less.

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If your friends are at Monte Carlo, Aria is a great choice. You can connect all inside. MO requires an outside walk...not far, but outside. (did I ever mention I can not believe they built the multi billion dollar City Center and it is not pedestrian friendly?)

Also, can you use mlife comps or Express Comps to pay for MO?

4. AusTex11

AusTex11 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As far as I know, I won't be able to apply anything MLife to whatever I do at the MO. I think I can charge things I do at any of the CityCenter businesses over to the MO, but that's just a matter of convenience.

Mandarin's reputation for great service keeps my interest piqued (a lot). Bellagio just looked like an overall nice property and I've had thoughts on their fountain view penthouse suite. Are those set for remodel/have they been remodeled? Cosmo's wraparound also looked impressive.

The one thing that makes me hesitate on Aria is the fact that it's rather, "been there, done that" for us, and I was hoping to mix it up. I guess I just don't want to entirely throw myself at Aria without getting feedback on other nearby properties first.

Thanks for the info so far, guys :)

5. Universal

Universal High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How about a Sky Suite at Aria? That way you get the best location relative to Monte Carlo and you'll get the kind of service you seem to be seeking.

6. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I second this.
    Nicer than corner suites and better amenities.
    Close to MC walkway.

7. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas Earthling/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definitely consider the Sky Suites at Aria. You have the amenities and superior service, coupled with being a short (all inside) walk away from MC.
    We always stay at the Sky Suites for our center Strip trips.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.