1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Birthday Sushi on the Strip

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by AusTex11, Mar 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AusTex11

AusTex11 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm looking into a great sushi restaurant on the stip for a friend's small birthday dinner. I've looked into some reviews, but everything seems so mixed in opinion.

We may be from Texas, but we still know our sushi ;) At the end of the day, we're looking for good food with WITH atmosphere. The last birthday dinner we did out in Vegas was on the patio at Prime, and we ate the atmosphere of it all just as much as the food.

2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think Bellagio's Yellowtail is outstanding! Great sushi and a fun service staff.

3. AusTex11

AusTex11 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh! And I know you guys appreciate as much info as possible before giving an opinion, so here's some extra tid bits:

We're not looking to go off the strip. Budget isn't too much of an issue for us. It'll just be four of us all in our 20s. For the most part, we'll be planning the night around this dinner, so it doesn't have to work in conjunction with a show or anything.

Think this covers enough bases? ;) Thanks ahead for any feedback, everyone!

4. larryg

larryg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Two questions:
    1. Are you looking for the best traditional sushi, or the more jazzed up variety?
    2. Are you interested in traditional sushi bar atmosphere, or a lively, birthday-appropriate scene?

If your emphasis is on top notch traditional sushi, with traditional sushi bar atmosphere, your choices are limited. The best that comes to mind is Mizumi (at Wynn). Other places either have no sushi bar (e.g., Barmasa), or don't have top quality sushi.

If you're looking for more modern, livelier places, I agree with smartone about Yellowtail. It doesn't have a sushi bar, but is lively, and emphasizes modern variations more than traditional sushi. The quality is very good.

5. AusTex11

AusTex11 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A mix of both would work best to cover everyone's bases. We appreciate simple nigiri when the fish is top notch, but the adventurous part of us would probably enjoy a place that has some interesting maki roll styles too to mix things up.

For this occasion, we're looking to focus on the going ons at our own table. With atmosphere, it'd be nicer to focus more on the actual space of the restaurant rather than the other people in the restaurant. Sushi bar atmosphere would be great. It sounds cheesy, but a place with real wow factor to their space would make it memorable for us.

The more I look at it, the more Mizumi looks to be a great option for us if anyone has more feedback for that place. Barmasa sounded interesting, but the place just looks so sterile.

Great questions, Larry - I appreciate everyone's feedback!

6. larryg

larryg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Prior to its remodel, Mizumi had a special table located outside near a (fish?) pond. I don't know the cost. If it's still available, and matches your group's size, it might be worth checking into.

7. Ay Caramba

Ay Caramba Sprinkle My Ashes Along LV Blvd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SushiSamba at Palazzo covers all your bases. Great food and great atmosphere for 20-somethings. The room has the wow factor you are looking for. They highlight their architecture and decor on their website. Check it out.

I'm Getting Too Old For This | 50th Birthday WildOut
  8. LA2VegasTrekkers

LA2VegasTrekkers High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had great sushi in a very young, fun atmosphere at Koi in Planet Hollywood.

9. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I go to Sushi Samba at Palazzo every summer, normally multiple times and it is one of my favourite restaurants in Vegas.

There is a mixture of cuisines here that I think really work well together and I love their fusion rolls.

The bar is great, lots of cocktails or sake to pick from, the staff are very knowledgeable and helpful too which make the whole experience great.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.