1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Food at The Orleans is pretty awesome...

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Ratpacker13, Mar 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ratpacker13

Ratpacker13 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Recently had to go to Vegas last minute to handle some biz off strip so used a comp at The Orleans. Decent joint but I will say the thing that impressed me was the selection of food available even late at night.

Sure they got a TGI Fridays and a food court which is ok and the standard buffet but the two that stood out was the mexican joint, Coasta Cantina and their cafe, Courtyard Cafe.

Coasta Cantina is your typical "franchise mexican food joint" but the service, value and food were pretty damn good in my book. They had a fajita special for $6.99 (steak or chicken) that was awesome and soooo much food I couldn't finish it and I am big kid! Also the chips and salsas the bring out....BOMB! A traditional red salsa, a green tomatillo and a killer bean dip that I am still craving!

Courtyad Cafe is again your typical hotel cafe but again, the service, value and food are amazing! Mainly been here for late night breakfast but man is it killer. Great graveyard food specials with just about anything you could want and all prepared fresh and delicious.

The service I received at both these joints were amazing too, hands down some of the most attentive and freindly wait staff I have ever had the pleasure of having served me. Always two steps ahead, on the ball and quick, even at 2am on Tuesday morning!

Anyway, if you find yourself off strip, near the Orleans and hungry, give one of those two joints a whirl and I think you'll be happy yah did.

2. gerry53

gerry53 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I totally agree,

wife and I were really impressed also with the food selection there.

we like the jack daniels sampler and great drinks at tgi and big al`s oyster bar is really good also we tried a softshell crab sandwich and clam chowder for lunch one trip and it was great.

3. Steve in RI.

Steve in RI. Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Getting hungry thinking about it! I've never been to Orleans before, but might take the shuttle over on this trip.

4. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought their 24 hr. cafe had great food offerings and wonderful service also.

Their buffet has been getting not so good reviews here lately but I was pleasantly surprised when I tried it for breakfast and lunch. Good value.

And I just love Big Al's Oyster Bar.

(The CW's there are hot......but that's topic for another thread. Sorry, couldn't help it.:evillaugh

5. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Real loss when Sazio's closed down there.

6. POPO2012

POPO2012 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :drunk:My Vegas buddies and myself tried Big Al's for the first time last trip. This is now one of our favorite places to grab great chow ! They do a nice job with their oysters on the half shell. We can hammer some of those bad boys.:vomit:

7. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Canal Street is a very comfortable restaurant and the Prime Rib Loft does a very good job. Both were very surprising as to quality and service

8. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    for all the times i have stayed at the orleans, i haven't eaten anything but the buffet or fuddrucker's. considering how much i love my cheap prime rib in vegas, you'd think i would have tried the prime rib loft by now.

given the raves for the reasonable prices in the cafe, me thinks i'm going to need to change my dining strategy the next time i do stay at orleans. (i was going to stay two nights on my upcoming trip, but they didn't offer me any incentive to do so, therefore i took advantage of the online deal sites for a discounted room at the palms.)

9. Kort Jester

Kort Jester Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Chineese

If I recall they had some really good "chineese food" like eggs foo young ect.

Now that Bills Victorian is gone :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.