1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ballys Internet Access

Discussion in 'Las Vegas for the Frugal (not Cheap)' started by Steve in RI., Mar 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve in RI.

Steve in RI. Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My brother and I booked our upcoming trip several months ago before the resort fees took affect at Bally's. My brother is still planning on bringing his laptop with him. Is the daily internet rate less than 15 dollars? If its the same price, we might as well go all in and use the fitness center and make a few calls from the room. Ballys website says "nominal fee" for internet, but doesn't say how much. Another question is are there any free wi-fi spots in the area, either within Bally's or the surrounding resorts?

2. Corinne

Corinne Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In December it was $14.99 for one device per 24 hours. There is free wifi in Belle Madeleine cafe just through the walkway in Paris and I did see people in there using the wifi without anything to eat or drink although I would imagine if they were busy they wouldn't be too happy. Las Vegas Advisor has a full list of all the free wifi sites.

Corinne

3. Steve in RI.

Steve in RI. Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the quick response! If we don't use the wi-fi in a certain day of the stay, do we still have to pay for it? Since we aren't arriving until 12:45 AM at the earliest on the first day, it seems there is no need for it until Monday.

4. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most places that offer 24hr internet - you sign in on your computer and are charged accordingly. So don't sign in until Day 2:peace::peace:

5. Phaleproof

Phaleproof Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am going in August and staying at Bally's. I booked before the resort fee was added.

I plan on just enabling my smart phone hot spot as I would assume a major city like Las Vegas has 4G (Verizon). A simple calculation would yield that if you are staying more than 2 days, you'd save money by paying for a month of hot spot instead of the Hotel's wireless if this is an option for you.

Just my two cents!

6. Corinne

Corinne Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ballys is 24 hours from signing in. I did two lots of 24 hours over a three day period. There are Internet terminals in various places and the last time I used it it was $5 for 15 minutes I believe but you could log on and check emails for just a few minutes and it would save your time left if you logged out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.