1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Table Games firebet? what is it ..

Discussion in 'Table Games' started by lucky13, Mar 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lucky13

lucky13 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ok well vegas is coming up real soon ...end of month
    so ...what the hell is a fire bet at the craps table ?
    i have learned enough that i am going to play the passline bet with the 6 and 8 place bets and maybe a few hardway bets , but i really do not understand the firebet
    do all tables have this ? what are the payouts? when can you place this bet?
    is it wise to play the passline bet and the 6 and 8 or just play the 6 and 8 after the point is made ?
    one way you have 17.00 in play ( 5.00table) and the other way you have 12.00 in play

2. Jersey_Bill

Jersey_Bill High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Probably would have been easier to just answer the question than find all those links to threads that have all already been locked. :poke:

4. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No kidding, some people just like to be assholes though.

Anyway, the fire bet is basically betting how many points a shooter will hit before rolling a 7.

And most tables want you to have something on the pass line to play anything else.

Optimum strategy for you may be pass line with max odds (bets placed directly behind pass line) and place the 6 & 8. Most players have pass line bets still once a point is set while they are doing other bets.

5. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It seems from OP that he's got a budget, and passline/max odds with two place bets is going to have him with $32 or $37 on the table at once.

For the firebet, it's more than how many ponits. It's how many differerent points. Meaning if the shooter makes a six as his first point then sets a six again, it doesn't add to his total if he hits it.

6. Jersey_Bill

Jersey_Bill High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey, I resemble that comment !! :grrr:

No, it happens to be a heck of a lot easier to tap the little Search button on your screen and type in the word "firebet". It took me 90 seconds to do that AND copy the links over on every relevant prior thread - AND the discussion in these threads was pretty comprehensive to boot.

In any event, to communicate all the facets of firebets already covered would have taken me a lot more time to write up....

If they are locked, how come I could read each of them by just searching for them? Apologies that I didn't check the links to ensure they worked for you.... I try to be a full service poster....

Not trying to be an asshole but only to show that sometimes you can get the best answer from looking back in the archives here... :soapbox:

JZB

7. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Because you can still read locked threads. You just can't add any new comments and further the conversation.

It's perfectly acceptable to start a new thread on a topic that has been previously discussed if all of those threads are old and locked.

8. Jersey_Bill

Jersey_Bill High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ... and one of the reasons I provided those links is because they gave the CORRECT definition of a firebet, which has nothing to do with the number of points a shooter will hit before rolling a 7....

It is actually the number of unique and distinct pass numbers that you roll before the 7 [4,5,6,8,9,10]. If you hit between 4 and 6 of those before you hit a 7 you get different payouts. You could theoretically roll points for hours and never trigger the firebet if the right numbers never some up...

JZB

9. Jersey_Bill

Jersey_Bill High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree, and thanks !

It's just that I see people advising people to "search first" all the time when they have a simple question - and I thought I would help out by pointing to the threads that have helped me on this topic. I am also fascinated by the firebet, having never played it, and will probably seek that out myself next time - even though it's a huge HA bet....

JZB

10. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
  11. Kickin

Kickin Flea

You can only place the bet before a new shooter throws his first roll and the bet stays there for as long as that shooter is rolling. It pays out if the shooter makes at least 4 different points before sevening out. I've only played it at the CET properties in AC and the payouts were 1000:1 if they make all 6 points, 250:1 if they made 5, and 25:1 if they made 4. The min/max was only $1-$5 on that bet.

Technically it has a huge house edge of around 20% so by definition you could say its a sucker bet. However I always play it even knowing that because its only $1 to $5 on each shooter and most people here throw at least a buck on it. I'd feel like a total dick if I didn't play it because of the bad odds and it hits and everyone but me got paid 1000x their bet.

12. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, and what I said was correct - I just didn't define it as "different points" or "set points". Again, people know they can use the search button. He chose not to for a reason.

13. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not everyone knows.

14. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For just betting a $1 it can add some extra excitement to the game. :peace:

15. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is a snark free zone.....we all just try to help each other...whether that is by a direct answer or through links. :peace:

16. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's also a great way to tip the boys a buck

17. jhpa

jhpa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have thrown a six number winner once and been at the table for another. and several 5 and 4 number payouts. I will never play a firebet table without throwing at least $1 on the bet. My usual is $2 if I am not the shooter and $5-$1 two way bet when I am the shooter.

Yes the house advantage is huge. But considering the number of white chips that get thrown around a craps table - for a random yo, a hardway bet, tipping the staff or the waitress or whatever - I would never want to be at a craps table where the bet hit and I was not on it.

I have been at the table for some strange stories. For my own 6 number hit I (and the crew) were the only ones with a bet. Of course, other people were making money during the regular flow of the game, but not as much as you might think. I only made 7 points - the nine twice. And two of my points were made buckshot....the roll right after setting the point. I only rolled for about 25 minutes. After I made the fifth number and set the final point (an eight) I "layed" the eight for $300...a bit of insurance in case I did not hit it. But I threw a 4-4 - with a nickle on the hard eight to add a little sweetener, but that $300 hedge loss cut into my profit.

Another time, I walked up to a game in progress and the shooter had already made one point. He ended up making five points before hesevened out. I wish I had not stopped at the men's room on the way to the table.

Another time, I did buy in and had $2 on the firebet when the shooter made five numbers for a nice payout. A lot of people got payed off nicely. Unfortunately for the shooter, he was shooting from the don'ts and left the table really pissed off. So not only was he not on the firebet, he lost a lot of money along the way.

18. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you rolled 7 points at a table I was playing, I'd have made more from your roll than I would have made on the firebet.

19. Kickin

Kickin Flea

All the right way players would make a lot but you'd still be pissed if everyone at the table except you got paid thousands more off a couple dollars bet. I've seen a table that was working on the final 6th point and trust me you wouldn't want to miss out on that type of excitement. :nono:

That's the fun part about the fire bet. It just jacks up an already hot run by capping it with this 1000:1 payout. All side bets on games have those outsized payouts but none of them do the same thing by amplifying a big winning streak. At least not that I can think of.

20. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're right. I'd be pissed. And I usually bet it, although when I played it in Colorado the biggest payout was 300:1 for 6 points (but you got 30:1 for 4 points and 6:1 for 3 points).

But if I didn't bet it and the shooter hit 7 points I'd console myself by lying in my giant pile of money.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.