1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

FNG to the board but planning 3rd trip to Sin City

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Military Mike, Mar 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Military Mike

Military Mike Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey all, names Mike. I am currently deployed to Afghanistan and planning a 7 day vacation to vegas when I get back sometime in Oct. Dont have the actually dates yet of the leave. I am planning to stay at Harrah's in the Delux executive suite with me and one of my battle buddies on roll away bed or couch. We both definately plan on doing gambling and hitting a strip club. I have been looking into the vegas Club Crawl for one night and doing the VIP 4 course dinner at Treasures. As myself and my buddie are going to be returning from deployment and are both active military are there any perks that we can get for showing our military ID. I already know about the free burger at Toby Keiths but that is about it.

Like I said before I have been to Vegas twice already but never really used my military ID to get anything. I normally would not go seeking this but if there is any way I can save a bit of money and put it towards my craps game I would definately do it. Thanks all

2. booshie73

booshie73 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wanted to say "Thank You" for your service to our country. God Bless and get home safe!

3. BlueSkadoo

BlueSkadoo VMB Sweetheart

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can skip the security line at McCarren if you show your CAC or ID. You do not need to be in uniform. Just go through the handicap/employee entrance.

4. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm active duty army. Almost every show in town gives a military discount with the exception of headliners and 'O'. A lot of times you have to ask. I discovered this by accident when my wife asked one time and we got 50% off.

Also, all the major airlines are now giving free baggage with active duty ID, even when not travelling on orders.

5. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Mike - thank you so much for your sacrifices for our benefit. We have had many, many family members in the military from grandson to grandfather...so I know what you give up. Please take care and come home safely to enjoy your trip in October.
    OK - check out Toby Keiths "I Love this Bar" - they were giving a burger & beer to active military for several years. Wherever you stay, let the clerk know you are active military....I got my daughter & son-in-law a suite instead of a regular room for 5 nites at Ballys. When at PH & check-in she got 4-5 freebies (logo) given to her & a couple of $25 gift certificates for a restaurant & Starbucks. (this was much more that I've ever heard of anyone giving but I was there to see it - the mother of a servicewoman waited on her)
    Hopefully other members will have other ideas for you too. Have a great trip!!

6. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas Earthling/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to the board:). Thank you for your service to our country. Stay safe!

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  7. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome! Thank you for your service! The Venetian/Palazzo offers a nice discount on rooms: 35% off on weekdays, 10% on weekends. Many other hotels offer discounts as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.