1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CET prices

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by nrm02, Mar 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nrm02

nrm02 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Booked a Forum Tower Deluxe room at Caesars on Feb. 28 for first week of August, five nights were comped and no resort fee. Went to TR site today to check prices and noticed everything went up. 3 days ago I had comped rooms at all Vegas CET properties, today not one comped night, and the prices had gone up considerably. It is not unusual that I would have to pay for a couple of nights at Caesars, but the TR calendar always showed comped rooms for Quad, Harrahs, and Ballys. Tonight they ranged from $20 - $50/night plus resort fee. What is up with the sudden hike in prices? BTW, my wife and I are both gold card TR people.

2. ButterflyMtn

ButterflyMtn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IDK but the other day I booked and then my friend booked the next day and she had a price that would save me about $100 I called CET reservation line and they couldn't find that price. I went online and used the same browser,cleared cookies, etc and still nothing but she still had that price...so I ended up booking on her computer (we were on the same internet connection at work) and then canceling my previous reservation..crazy

3. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When you book, prices can shoot up because now your comp bank is depleted. You had enough comps for one trip to Vegas, now that's booked. My prices dropped when I canceled a previous reservation that I wasn't going to be able to make. They kept the prices up before that point because I was booked with no play going into that trip.

I have experienced this a few times through the CET website now. My g/f has "magical cookies" on her computer, and for my most recent booking on the 28th, I think I got 25% off the original rate on her computer twice vs. the one time available on my computer. I'm okay with an extra 18.75% off for no good reason! This issue also came up for a Tunica booking as well. :)

4. Patripman

Patripman High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been trying to book a trip for late April early May for Ballys and the prices are changing while I move through the calendar. CET prices have gone up significantly. One time it showed 5 comped rooms for specific dates then when I changed the date by 2 days those same comped rooms were now showing up for $79 up to $119 a night.

p

5. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's just supply and demand. Those were already popular dates, especially with all that's happening the first weekend of May, and between the discount sale and the booking early to beat resort fees, there has been a lot of activity going on.

6. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i just looked a my monthly calander and its basuicaly the same comps as before the resort fees

7. Sam in Ut

Sam in Ut High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know if I'm missing something but when I play with my Total Rewards account, my comped rooms do not reflect any resort fees. Then..... when I select a day that does not show a comp, the resort fees are added. This appears to be consistent in all the many different scenarios I put together. Is this your understanding how the TR resort fees are applied?

8. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    im notsure what you are say but if its this i select my dates and it says comp ,proccess the room and at the end before you finalize the reservation it add the resort fee than yes thats correct ,i was told only host's if you book directly can they remove resort fee but that hasnt been confirmed

9. ButterflyMtn

ButterflyMtn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I told my friend to bring her laptop so we can rub it for luck...lol

10. critchtc21

critchtc21 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was checking on CET for rooms May 11th thru 15th. Had free rooms at Harrahs. And $20 total trip at Flamingo, and about the same at Bally's.

I checked a few days ago and these all went up significantly. Harrahs now $50 total trip. Flamingo $168 total trip.

I am guessing these will go back down at certain points between now and then.

What do you all think?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.