1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Earl of Sandwich (Planet Hollywood) Experience & Prices

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by feltbettor, Mar 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. feltbettor

feltbettor Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got back late Friday, March 1st. Las Vegas is great but it's good to be home. I tried three sandwiches at Earl's. Full Montagu, The Original 1762, and The Earl's Club. All were good but I like The Original 1762 the best. Followed by The Earl's Club. Which was to be expected because I love horseradish (The Original 1762) but I'm not a huge fan of mustard (The Full Montagu). YMMV.

Every time I went it was between 2am - 5am (midweek) and there were around 8 people waiting to order. Line moves pretty quick. After you order they give you a green receipt and a pager. As you wait in line you pick up items to go with your meal. When you reach the register you hand them the green receipt and show them your extra items and pay for your meal. Find a table you like and a couple minutes later your pager will go off and you can come pickup your order. Tables were 50% full with quite a few people in their late 20's acting obnoxious/drunk.

As for their prices. Hot sandwiches are $6.49 and Cold sandwiches are $5.99. I didn't try any of their other entrees, or notice their price, but they had some salads on the menu that looked pretty good. I bought a bottle of milk which was $2.50. I also tried a container of their Potato Salad once but I can't remember the price. I think it was around $1.50. I didn't care for it so I didn't get it again.

Over all I liked the sandwiches, their prices, and that they were open 24/hrs. My last night I grabbed a sandwich from Earl's and a coffee from Starbucks (which is also open 24/hrs.) and took it back to my room for a quiet meal away from the drunks. As I'm positive I'm not old (40) these kids today must be getting more annoying with every generation. I'll tell you one thing...those punks better stay off my lawn! ;)

2. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I try and eat at the Earl's at least once a day when in Vegas (usually at 4am).

3. S'AllGoodMan

S'AllGoodMan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love Earl. We get the hawaiin BBQ chicken, meatball, and holiday turkey. The salads are good too as well as their Caesar wrap which is great. Lots of options.

4. nhcris

nhcris VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am a big fan of the Earl. My very favorite is the Holiday sandwich but it's only in season for a few weeks. I can honestly say I have enjoyed every lunch/dinner sandwich I have tried there.

I did however intensely dislike the only breakfast sandwich I tried there, so now I just get a regular sandwich (usually a ham & swiss or a BLT) for breakfast :)

5. big1ed

big1ed Tourist

Big Earl fan also

I am a huge fan of Earl, but down in Orlando ( Disney World ).....Glad to see the prices are about the same.....That was funny about the Full Montagu, because I always order it ( my fav ) without the mustard, heavy on the mayo though....Thanks for the review... 7 more sleeps, staying next door at the Grand Chateau....

6. optimator

optimator Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the report. It's now on the list!

7. salukidean

salukidean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not sure if it's true of every Earl's....but the Earl of Sandwich at the Palms has added the holiday sandwich to the menu full time. Like you, I'm glad they did!

8. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ive only eaten at the one in Showboat in ACity and its pretty tasty...

Obviously I will be eating at the one at Pho because thats where I am staying so thumbs up on that :)

9. lionelhutz

lionelhutz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    nice, we were planning on going there to get a sandwich next week.

10. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I absolutely love Earls, my last trip I ate there 4 or 5 times. Plan on eating there a bunch this next trip as well.

11. gerry53

gerry53 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have always skipped earl of sandwich
    on all our trips to vegas because I always considered it "just a sandwich"

finally tried a club sandwich at Planet Hollywood last trip and it was fantastic!

wife and I split one and we were full. would definitely go out of my way next trip for earl`s again.

12. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know everyone raves about it, but I don't get it.

I had terrible service there with a lady that could hardly understand me. My sandwich was HORRIBLE, nasty. Then she charged me for 2 soups instead of 1. The soup was okay. It literally makes me gag thinking about it, I would never be able to return...

13. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I'm not a fan either...everyone has an opinion and to each his own, but this place just doesn't do anything for me.

14. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ate there twice last week, because of reviews on here. Why twice? Because it was great the first time, so I went back. I had the same thing both times- the tuna melt. Excellent. I will be going back my next trip. My only gripe is I wish they would open a stand alone, parking and walking is a pain.

15. NandJfrmNJ

NandJfrmNJ VIP Whale

Another fan here. It's our go-to place for a quick breakfast. We've eaten at the one at Showboat in AC and it was not nearly as good IMHO.

16. ballhog

ballhog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a trick for Earl's. Usually when I goto Earl's the line is very long. What I do is phone in my order. Your order will be placed right at the front of the queue and ready in just a few minutes.

17. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On my next trip I'm going solo, I'm guessing half my meals will be there haha.

18. OhioStateAlum

OhioStateAlum High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    4am: Everyone realizes they have some stray singles in their pocket. "Let's stumble to Earl's."

830am: Wake up, head is pounding. "I'm starving. Let's go to Earl's."

Pretty much how every night ends and every day begins given that we stay at PH. Love Earl's.

19. Lady Fortuna

Lady Fortuna Blessed with luck and ignorance...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Earl of Sandwich is also one of my favorites.
    I tried two of their sandwiches: The Original 1762 and The Full Montagu, and liked them both very much!
    The next one I would like to try is the Tuna Melt, sounds delicious! :licklips:

20. Lady Fortuna

Lady Fortuna Blessed with luck and ignorance...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sandwiches Menu

FYI, so you know what we're taking about:

Now I'm getting hungry! :licklips:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.