1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ballys Tequila Bar

Discussion in 'Las Vegas for the Frugal (not Cheap)' started by DonnyC, Mar 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I had seen that the $2 margaritas are excluding Friday and Saturday.

What about the $2 tequila shots? I see there are 30 varieties...for $20 per...I think I might try them all...not in one day though?

And $2 tacos...always?

The menu says $3 beers (starting price), but the home page boasts $2 beers, any info?

2. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had their all day breakfast. It was really good. Reasonable price. Much better than the Sidewalk Cafe breakfast buffet next door. I did try to order a $2 marg but the guy wouldn't serve me because I didn't have my passport on me and he wouldn't take my Ontario Canada driver's permit.

3. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We hit the up three nights for the $2 tacos. Both nights they also brought out some of the best chips and salsa I have had in LV.

The tacos are soft chicken, but one night they brought us beef???

It's a good deal for sure.

4. dgr1973

dgr1973 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh I cant wait to try this place in a few weeks! Somehow I missed it when we stayed at Ballys in 2011 and this time we will be at Paris so it sounds like a must try!:thumbsup::drunk:

5. sstuna

sstuna Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have never left unhappy, eat there afew times a trip. The $2 shots are kinda small if remember right. The $2 tacos are great. There nachos are great also, huge plate with tons of stuff piled on. Wife & I couldn't finish it.

6. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I though their $2 tacos were disgusting and that's saying alot since I was drunk and I only eat to stay alive.

7. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn't like the tacos nearly as much the last time I was there (early December), I'm guessing they downgraded quality to keep the price the same. They also got rid of ~cheap late night breakfasts, now they want ~$9. :(

8. Gutzy

Gutzy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tacos

So there menu doesn't say anything about the Taco Special. Is this a special during happy hour only or all of the time?

9. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its an off menu special. Just ask for it.

10. Patripman

Patripman High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We eat there at least twice if not 3 times during our normal 7 night stays at Ballys. Beside the larger than one can handle nachos I always get the burger and fries for $10. It is enough food to get me through any night on the strip.
    If your looking for drink special get a pitcher of Margaritas for $20 you will be feeling real good afterwards.

p

11. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How about the fish bowl drink?

12. wishman35

wishman35 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed 100% .. I am pretty sure my whole group was praying to not be sick after eating those tacos. Beef or Chicken... i dont think we could tell the difference.

13. AOchoa95

AOchoa95 Low-Roller

Hit the Stage Door across the street. When I was there last the shots were a little large and $2.50, they were Patron.

14. vegasnut

vegasnut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have eaten a few times there and it was excellent
    The colonel salad was xtremely yummy
    And yeah i rather drink the better more expensive magarithas than the cheap ones
    At yoloz(ph) i ate also a couple of times 9,99 specials with the 5$ magarita and that was excellent too
    The only bad mexican food i had was at the ip(now quad) but i dont thimk they are still around there, if im at the quad i only go to hash house a go go anyway

15. Snickers

Snickers Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We always hit this place ... great for a few cheap drinks and reasonably-priced good food when you just need something and do not want to stand in line for a fancier place. I had quite a few cheap beers the last time we were there and the bill was shockingly low for the standard Vegas restaurant.

16. carrie_dave_and_cody

carrie_dave_and_cody Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't wait to try it. I only drink Tequila. What kind of $2 shots do they have?

17. Bosco

Bosco VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nachos!!!

Attached Files:

18. Gutzy

Gutzy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were just there and went in thinking we would get tacos but ended up getting the nachos. Oh my gosh. They are huge!!!! Served on a big turkey platter!!! 5 of us and we did not finish them.

19. AOchoa95

AOchoa95 Low-Roller

Came here with my youngest boy who turned 21. We came in around 1am and ordered 6 chicken tacos and 2 beers. Wasn't bad, total cost of $16. Would come here again, staff was good as well as the food. Also helped that we were staying at Ballys too.

20. luckylinda

luckylinda High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was sober as I rarely drink but the tacos were overpriced. Not good, get the nachos or even the soup was tasty. (I was given a choice of beef or chicken.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.