1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Reasonable Chinese Food on the strip?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Steve in RI., Feb 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve in RI.

Steve in RI. Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think I've ever eaten at any of these places, just keeping the door open for something different besides cafes and buffets. I know PF Changs is a chain, but I've never been to one and would be willing to try it as we will be nearby at Ballys. How about Chin Chin at NYNY, or Grank Wok and MGM? Not looking to spend a fortune on dinner.

2. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, not on the strip, but if you want good Chinese that's easy to get to from he strip (take the shuttle from the Flamingo side of Bally's, or a short cab ride) to Ping Pang Pong at Gold Coast. Good, reasonably priced Chinese, including dim sum.

3. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Chin Chin's at NYNY is VERY GOOD....and don't order too much as they give you a LOT of food....the first time there our waitress told us we were ordering too much and she was right....glad she warned us and we scaled back on our order. It's also very reasonable IMHO......ENJOY ! ! !

4. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really like Chin Chin and I go there often when I'm down on that side of the strip. Same with PF Changs. I regularly go in for lunch and just get the lettuce wraps(highly recommend as an app).

I have not tried Grand Wok and there still might be a place in Mandalay Bay as well, but I haven't eaten there either. I think the price was what scared me away from both. Neither were expensive, but I liked Chin Chin enough that if I'm down that way I just go there.

5. Naturaleight

Naturaleight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stay at NYNY quite frequently and while the prices are somewhat reasonable at Chin Chin, I really think the food is bad and bland.

PF Chang's is great, but I can get that anywhere in the country including my hometown so I don't really go out of my way for it.

You should try Lemongrass at Aria. While not technically Chinese, it is mainly Thai dishes, but has a lot of Asian fare. A little bit on the pricey side, but the food is superb.

If you're willing to splurge a little, and want to spend some of that jackpot money you just hit, you should absolutely try Jasmine at Bellagio. The Peking Duck is the best I have ever had, and I always make it a priority to eat at least one dinner there.

I too have heard great things about Ping Pang Pong (always thought that name was funny) from friends, but have never eaten there myself.

6. streetshine

streetshine Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Late night, you cannot beat Panda Express! One across my luxor and one up by the quad.

7. bedaniels

bedaniels High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Look into dragon noodle at Monte Carlo, it's good and lunch is inexpensive, not sure about dinner prices.

8. acoluzzi

acoluzzi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm going to Ping Pang Pong during my April trip. I LOVE dim sum and it's supposed to be great at this place. I could eat dim sum until I pop, and just may :wave:

9. snowball

snowball Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love PF Chang, but we don't have it in Canada so it is a treat. But I think it is the best Chinese food ever.

10. farkingidiot

farkingidiot High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Steve,

Ping Pang Pong won a best of award from Travel and Leisure and I've had some Asian friends tell me I should eat there. I went to Chinatown instead last month, but when I'm there in a few months, I'm hitting Ping Pang Pong up. I hear really good things, if you want REAL Chinese food.

I also gotta add with the others, in my love of Chin-Chin. It's an extremely small chain, but the food is really fresh and tastes like it.

11. Steelers7

Steelers7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't usually seek out chinese food in vegas so the only place I have tried is Noodle Asia inside the Venetian across from the Poker Room. It's now one of the places we always go to for lunch. They are open from 11 AM to 3 AM, reasonably priced, and everything we have ordered has always been very good. Just another suggestion....

http://www.venetian.com/uploadedFiles/Common/Dining/Casual_Dining/noodleAsia.pdf

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.