1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mandalay Bay Floor 60 and Higher

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Naturaleight, Feb 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Naturaleight

Naturaleight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone know what rooms/suites are on floors 60 and higher at Mandalay Bay that are not listed on the website? I'm bringing my entire family down to Vegas and need at least 3 beds. I know there are many rooms not listed on the website and I'm just wondering what there is to choose from to ask my host for.

Thanks

2. natedog666

natedog666 17 and 20 Expert

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I stayed there a few years ago they had these nice penthouses that you can take the MIX elevator straight up to your room (you need a key and it will stop in this nice looking foyer)...It was funny as some nights I'm picking up snacks for the kids and in my shorts and slippers going up with well dressed people going clubbing, and see their eyes bug out when the elevator opens on my room.

I believe there are two of them, they each have three bedrooms, one huge living room with pool table and large media area and bar. Exercise room...large living room and dining room. Butler's pantry with all the amenities. My wife's favorite is the washing machine and dryer.

Great views, but the only drawback is on the weekends, when MIX music will keep you awake for awhile....

I was there when Clinton came to town to give a speech, secret service locked down the elevator because it had access to the other penthouse, but you can always take the TheHotel elevator and walk back.

3. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On the original hotel side, I know they have Skyview suites.

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  4. rgerards

rgerards Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    room77.com has an excellent floorplan

5. Remon1977

Remon1977 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    room77.com has nice floorplans of all the rooms in the hotels. So maybe this will help you check what is a nice room for you and the family.

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe this is at "theHotel" , not Mandalay Bay Hotel.

7. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's correct. Or Delano, or whatever they are calling it now :ssst:

The plans have changed
  8. Naturaleight

Naturaleight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey is that your video on youtube? There's a video of the Penthouse that a family made, and posted on youtube; the suite looks incredible. One of the little kids says when they walk in "this isn't as nice as the Palazzo." LOL I got a kick out of that.

9. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank God not Delano till 2014 now they say, maybe get a couple more stays before they try to turn it into the South Strip version of Cosmo

10. vegasdawg11

vegasdawg11 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Those are the apartments at THEhotel, biggest room in the tower - gonna be a high cost, but does have 3 beds and is very nice...the only other rooms I believe that have 3 beds or more in MB are the presidential suites in the main tower.

11. Naturaleight

Naturaleight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What's the difference between a Presidential and Penthouse Suite?

Would 5k-7k in theo be enough per trip to get into a Presidential or Penthouse Suite at MB?

12. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just a guess based on something my host said to me in the past, but I think for the Presidential suite, you would need $1000 a hand each day for four hours. I assume the PH suite would be less.

The plans have changed
  13. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Need to clarify what you need. If only 3 beds, a king with an attached double would be three beds. Or even two rooms somewhere.

Most suites are one bed - King. Two BR suites often have the 2nd with 2 beds, but not always. Suites of course cost way more and are in short supply.

14. Naturaleight

Naturaleight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I need a 3 or 4 bedroom Penthouse.

15. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you need to readjust your expectations because there's absolutely no chance you can get anything like that for 2k theo per day. at any property i've ever been at that's good for a junior 1BR suite @ RFB. maybe you can squeeze out a small 2BR suite at a lower end property, but that's pushing it. I played at that level for a while and that's exactly what I got. it wasn't until I got into the 7-8k theo per day i was able to start talking about the bigger suites and multiple rooms for friends, etc. at 12-15k theo per day you can get almost whatever suite you want if it's available (i.e. a bigger player isn't already in it).

16. Naturaleight

Naturaleight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Right, so what I've been doing is undercomping myself on all previous trips when I go alone or with a gambling buddy. I just get a standard room and don't eat anything expensive. I was assuming this would "save up" my comps for when I wanted to bring my entire family or a group of friends.

17. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, since you seem to gamble a lot at MGM properties, you can always just save up the EC and buy a big suite, using the EC to pay for it. I know its not maximizing your comps, because you're not getting the suite you want up front, but it still gets you there. Just a thought .....

The plans have changed
  18. KingBBInLV

KingBBInLV High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mandalay Bay has the 3 X 1500SF rooms too. 3 beds in those.

19. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    that's too bad to hear because you've suffered with less for nothing. sure you can save up ECs and that's a great idea. i did that last year and had a great birthday party trip for 15 friends. but taking less primary comps than you deserved on your past few trips won't do you any good on this trip. you can't save primary comps from trip to trip. that's why it's always best to take everything you can get from your host every trip because it does you absolutely no good to leave those on the table.

20. Naturaleight

Naturaleight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That doesn't seem fair. I didn't know they go trip to trip. I've always heard of hosts "evening it out" so I assumed if I spared the luxury on single trips by myself, it would save up. Oh well, I guess I'm screwed now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.