1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Planet Hollywood buffet

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Discus1952, Feb 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Discus1952

Discus1952 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What's with the prices of the Planet Hollywood buffet??
    Last year's lunch price(I think) was around $18.95. With the LVA $10 off coupon, we paid in the neighborhood of $9. or $10.

Am I right?; do I see they jumped the lunch to $24.95 now? Does anyone else think the buffet prices on the Strip are getting a bit out of hand?

2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Food prices are up everywhere... make the use of coupons all the more valuable. "Out of hand"? If I like somethin' I don't rail over a few bucks, but I'm not in the mainstream on the board.

3. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    While the price is certainly higher than it has been in the past, I think it remains priced like its other on-Strip peers:peace:

My most recent trip to Vegas, we went to the buffet a couple of times (TI & Mirage) because I had discounts. And I remembered why we don't love buffets. Ah well. There are choices for everyone:thumbsup:

4. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What's the current price for the weekday dinner buffet at PH ?

5. TylerH50

TylerH50 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How is their Breakfast Buffet?

6. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $30.99 - Yikes!

7. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Out of hand? Not really.

Not worth it? That would certainly apply for me.

Strip food in general has been overpriced for some time (as long as I've been going). Some of the buffets have had deals in the recent years, and the multi-buffet packages made things cheaper for a bit. But just like with hotel rates and comps, you need to take into account how needy they were the last few years. Vegas business was way down. Its on the upswing now and I think we're going to be seeing a lot more "sticker shock" threads for all sorts of Vegas things.

8. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We refuse to pay those prices but we do like the large selections that buffets offers for a day of our trip. That is why we do the B of B's - each of us can get the things we like and don't feel the need to overeat since we get dinner, late breakfast and dinner again for $48. The cost of Our drinks alone for 3 meals / 2 people is just crazy in LV - never less than $8 per meal and during breakfast with 1 coffee / 1 milk / 1 juice & 1 coke....that would be double the other meals. So - we'll just continue to do the b of b cause for us it is a good value.

9. Sam in Ut

Sam in Ut High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thought I saw in the Entertainment section on this board there is a sale for a show and a dinner buffet at the Spice Market Buffet for $34. I believe the show is the Nathan Burton magic act.
    This doesn't seem too bad to basically see the show for $4 (if the dinner rate is $30 as reported earlier)

10. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would get the $34 deal. Yes, I saw the PH dinner buffet listed at $30.99 at two websites including LVA. We saw Nathan Burton for $10 at Flamingo. It was worth $10 so certainly $4 is even better.

11. Steve in RI.

Steve in RI. Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Over the past 12 years that I have made trips to LV, the buffet prices have gone up A LOT. I remember my first trip in 2001, the price for most breakfast buffets on the strip was about 10 bucks, and dinner was considered expensive if it was over 20. I know the cost of food has gone up, but this is a bit ridiculous. The off strip and Downtown prices have not increased as much.

12. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are so right.

I'm looking at a copy of What's On in Las Vegas dated August, 2006. A few examples:

Bellagio Dinner Buffet - Then $26.95 / Now $37.99

Excalibur Dinner Buffet - Then $14.49 / Now $22.00

Paris Breakfast Buffet - Then $12.95 / Now $21.99

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.