1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Silly question time

Discussion in 'Coupons & Sweepstakes' started by big1ed, Feb 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. big1ed

big1ed Tourist

Hello,
    This question is two fold:
    1) I have the ACG book.....Does anyone ever check the card that goes along with it?
    2) Since I have one book and one ID card, if I try to use ie. 2 ( 2/1 buffets ) coupons at the same place at the same time, would they only take one coupon?

There are 4 of us going .....So I need dups.....Thanks alot.

2. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only time anyone ever asked to see our ACG ID card was at Ellis Island a few years ago. Once they saw we were producing the card, everything was cool and they never examined it. That's once out of a dozen times there. I can't comment about using more than one coupon at a time, but just hand the other couple one of the coupons. The odds are on your side.

3. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The majority of places do NOT ask to see the ACG - ID card. However, that being said ... you can't always predict when or where you might be asked. I personally have been to a few places which do not ask me for it one day, but somebody else at that very same property on another day does ask me.

Also ... you have to put your name on the back of that ID card. So then, IF you are asked for it, you can't pass it to your friend, where they might see the same name a second time. Also ... read the rules on the back of the coupon. If it states that you can only use it once, you can't hardly hand them two coupons at the same time.

If you are seriously worried about it, you could ask here on the trading forum if someone has an extra ID card that they can TRADE to you for something you have (mine are all gone) ... OR , buy a 2nd book ... ???

4. nuggetboy

nuggetboy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with Budda, you never know when you might be asked. I have been using the ACG for many years an hav been asked several times for he card.
    I have been asked at Ellis Island, Gold Coast, Bally's, Orleans, Suncoast, Silverton and several others. Understand, I use a lot of coupons and the majority of the time I am not asked for card, but it does happen.

5. npom

npom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never been asked for the card anywhere. I have however been asked to see my LVA book at the Mirage buffet.

6. big1ed

big1ed Tourist

Silverton ACG 2/1 buffet - Sunday Brunch buffet use?

Buddha is right....I just bought a second book...Problem resolved...Although I have another question : the ACG has a Silverton 2/1 buffet coupon: Can I use this for their Bellini Sunday Brunch Buffet ( $ 17.99 )? I see no reason why not, but I would hate to get there and find out I can not. Has anyone used this coupon for this brunch buffet? Thanks.

7. letsgotovegas

letsgotovegas VIP Whale

I just read the terms and restrictions on the coupon, and it doesn't exclude brunch. It just says you have to purchase one buffet at regular price to use the coupon. I think you should be ok, but you might want to give them a call to be certain. The number is listed on the coupon.

Cheers,
    Kelly

8. Venus1971

Venus1971 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've only been asked once at the Rio several years ago. I didn't have the card. She scolded me :nono:and still let me use the coupon....After that I make sure I have the card just in case.

9. figmentdj

figmentdj Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Similar question

Can I produce a coupon without the book? Anybody ever have a problem?

10. Backagain1

Backagain1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nobody has asked for ours.

11. gregsmith

gregsmith Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On this note Vegas is only place will be going can somebody tell me or give a list what's coupons are in the ACG for Vegas so I know if want to get it? Thnx.

12. letsgotovegas

letsgotovegas VIP Whale

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.