1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Staying at 2 Hotels on the Strip. Crazy?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by -(J)-, Feb 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -(J)-

-(J)- Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking at 4 or 5 nights for our next trip.
    Had the idea of staying somewhere cheaper for the first 2 and then bumping up to a nicer room/property for the last 2 or 3 nights.
    Not exactly trying to save money or hunt down the best rates. Just trying to get a fuller experience and soak in more properties!

It seems like the transition from hotel to hotel would be easy enough. Any negatives I'm not seeing here? Surely many of you have done this before...?

2. Anew

Anew Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My husband and I did that once. We started at the Mirage for a couple nights and then moved the Bellagio for a couple nights. The move was easy. And it was a fun trip.

3. nhcris

nhcris VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do it most trips. My trips tend to be 5 or 6 nights and most of my offers are for 3 nights. Last trip was 2 nights at Palazzo & 3 at Bally's. Next one is 2 at Paris & 3 at Venetian. I usually check out at noon and by the time I get to the next hotel my room is usually ready. If not, I just check my bag with bell services 'til they text me. I love having 2 areas to play/eat/drink in on my trips.

4. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Years ago, we did it several times - it was easy and had 2 different areas to explore & enjoy without treking it during the day. As we've gotten older, we stay only 1 place...usually 5-6 nites (has been Paris or Bally's for many years now) but can always cab it if we want to spend the evening downtown. We like it both ways - it can be great if you don't mind packing your things up to relocate... :)

5. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We do 2 hotels every trip now. The second one is a little further away however. This trip 4 nights Mirage 3 nights South Point. We have done MGM/Flamingo in the past to get different experiences and the fact that the F was comped.

6. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, i have done that a few times in the past as i'm there for a whole week. Do you have a Total Rewards card or a MiLife card? If you don't, and want to experience more of Vegas, stay at both properties. Stay at Bally's/Flamingo(for example) for the first couple of days and then upgrade to either MGM/Mirage for the last few days. Get a card from both properties (MiLife and CET) and be rewarded by your play. The transition from one hotel to another is very simple. I usually check out close to 11am and then check in to the other and give your bags to the bellman and have some lunch. Sometimes you can get your room immediately if all the stars are aligned properly. But definately check in or see the bellman so you don't have to lug bags around. Or you can just pay the early check in fee if you feel uncomfortable leaving your bags behind.
    MGM properties on the whole are much nicer than CET, so mix and choose whatever suits your needs.

7. lionelhutz

lionelhutz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think that it may be a somewhat common practice.

last trip we stayed two nights in a regular room at the Mirage, then two in a corner suite at Aria.
    we had the idea to do two different hotels this trip, but I ended up with a couple of free nights at the Mirage playing MyVegas, and when trying to figure out which other hotel to stay at, we decided on.....Aria again, after getting a pretty sweet deal on a SkySuite.

8. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did it once, it was cool. Especially if you can get a better deal. But I drive when I'm in Vegas, so I have my car to stash my luggage for the 4 hours you have in between check-ins. It might be difficult if you aren't driving.

But I know my family would never go for it. They don't want to load and reload are their crap.

The only downside for me was the check in at one of the places (MGM) took for freaking ever.

9. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very common. We do it often since many offers are only for 3 nights.

Really not that strange.

You are right to do the "lower" property first.

10. thenuke1

thenuke1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ive stayed at 3 hotels on 1 trip... Circus Circus, Tropicana, back to circus circus, then royal resort

11. Star Loves Buffets

Star Loves Buffets Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do this every trip. One thing though - always make sure you move to a "nicer" property. Nothing worse than spending three days in a Palazzo suite and then move over to a FAB room.

12. StormHawk

StormHawk Yuma, where I work in software.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've done it based on what I could get comped. One trip I did a night at IP when I got it at 11PM, flamingo for 4 nights in a GO room, and 1 night at Mandalay Bay. It was really no problem. Just a few minutes to get the new room keys and such. The second 2 check-ins were around noon so the desk was dead and I was able to be in the door and to my room in ~10.

13. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ive done this a few times. I like doing it just fine, and for much the same reason. I love trying out different places.

Some things to bear in mind:

• Checkout is usually 11am, and many strip hotels will charge an early check in fee before 3pm. Not a big deal as you can leave bags at either Bell desk. But important to remember for planning your day, especially as it makes the transition day not great for using the pool.
    • Have a plan for transportation for switching hotels. Decide in advance if its an easy walk, or a cab ride, etc. Probably a pretty cheap cab ride but something to consider.
    • Another option in splitting your stay is to split your destinations. Instead of strip the whole time, you could do a day or two off strip or downtown. If this doesn't appeal to you, ignore it. But especially if you don't have a rental car it makes sense to see a bit more. And a lot of the off strip hotels have shuttles for the airport, the strip, or both. And that could help with the hotel switch.
    • How much do you really move into your rooms? Switching is easy if you are "live out of the bag" types. But if you have a ton of luggage, then repacking it (with half your clothes dirty) and unpacking again may not be worth it.

14. ButterflyMtn

ButterflyMtn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just check the bags with the bell desk at the 2nd hotel before check in since you have done time after checking out of the 1st

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.