1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Indecent Proposal

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Dpin300, Feb 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dpin300

Dpin300 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I were talking about the movie and I asked her if she would do it for $ 1.000.000 She asked if I would want that. I said for $ 1.000.000 I would even hold her down....

Not quite the answer she was hoping for so to make her feel better I said for $ 1.000.000 (I'd rather have € 1.000.000 btw) she could hold me down too :evillaugh

Anyway would you agree to the Indecent Proposal?

Imagine you and your wife/husband in this scene!

[YOUTUBE]ehdAEyAGBEc[/YOUTUBE]

2. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i think Gaggles was hoping for this exact scene the night he met Natedog for craps, prob had his GF waiting at the airport.. :evillaugh:poke::evillaugh

3. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is no question about it. i would make her do it for the money.

She screwed up by forming an emotional attachment to redford.

I never liked him before this movei but man did I like hom afterwards.

4. Huddler

Huddler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definitely. And I would tickle his balls while he banged her for an extra million!:eek::wink2:

5. buttnugget

buttnugget Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For $1,000,000 I'd sleep with Robert Redford. How bad could it be? It's Robert Redford after all. It's not like they're asking someone to sleep with Woody Harrelson! $1,000,000 will buy a lot of therapy.

6. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow! I'm just speechless from the replies so far.:nono:

7. mckevin32

mckevin32 Low-Roller

It's easy to say " I would (insert act here) for 1 million". Real world, few of us will ever know what we actually are or aren't capable of...

8. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :nworthy: Much agreed, money is not worth it for us.

9. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A guy was at a bar and went up to a woman and asked, "Would you sleep with me for a million dollars?"
    She was taken aback, but regained her composure to answer, "Well, I guess for a million dollars I would."
    The guy then said, "How about if I give you twenty bucks and we go screw?"
    The girl slaps him and says in an incredulous tone, "What kind of woman do you take me for?!"
    The man says, "We've already established that fact, now we are just haggling price."

10. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Come on, Joe, there's some safe-on-the-internet bravura being displayed, the usual mine's-bigger machismo that is easy to predict in advance around here, but is it really this black or white? Plenty of people are in open relationships. Are they immoral or does it just become that if money changes hands? A good number of very well-meaning people think gambling is immoral, pure and simple. Yet you enjoy it and from what I know of you you are a good, grounded person. Is donating one's blood or a kidney a higher moral calling but donating one's sexuality a straight line to the eternal furnace?

Sex, trust, right, wrong, expediency, need ... lotta shit going on.

Really bad movie, btw.

11. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am too, but I think for other reasons: usually with hypothetical questions like this it is very easy for people to take the moral high road, to say "oh, I would never do that - for any amount of money!"

But another thought is: what is a million dollars?

Back in the early 1990s a million dollars was considered a lot of money, as a lifetime financial goal for many people... but the reality is that at the time of the movie Demi and Woody were both about 31 years old and while a million bucks is a goodly sum of money, it wouldn't be enough for them to retire on and live the life of luxury.

They would actually even be a little hard pressed to start a business on that kind of money - sure they could start up almost anything with that much money, but the kind of business they'd end up with would be one where they'd likely have to grind things out for the first 4-5 years before starting to turn any kind of decent profit.

The reality would probably be Woody sitting there with a big briefcase full of cash and Demi asking what they are going to do with it and Woody saying something like they would probably owe about half of it in taxes to the IRS and then use the balance to top up their retirement savings plan contributions and then with whats left they could buy some long term savings bonds and then maybe in 20 years, by about 2010 they can think of early retirement...

12. Dpin300

Dpin300 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not into open relationships or anything but you've got to admit 1M is a lot of money.
    I wouldn't want my wife (or myself) to do it if we already had a million.

13. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I FEEL SORRY FOR YOU AND YOUR WIFE beause...

I think you just may have ruined your relationship with your wife. You asked her if she would be willing to prostitute herself for 1M. That means that you may be willing to accept less money to become your wife's pimp.

Stop living in a stupid dream world of thinking that some man would pay a 1M
    for a one night stand with your wife. Their are many beautiful young prostitues
    in Vegas that will work for less with any man.

Why would any wealthy man want to pay 1M for your low income housewife who
    buys her clothes at Wal-Mart. I am guessing.lol.

You have just told your wife that you see her as a money maker as a prostitute.

If a boyfriend or husband asked me that question I would have left him as fast as I could because he doesn't have any morals or values for my life. Lucy

14. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yikes! Didn't see that coming...:eek:

15. Kiwicol

Kiwicol Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mmmm - I think what Ken said was a bit more of a reasoned answer Lucy.

Different strokes etc, and I'm not sure that asking a hypothetical question is necessarily as fatal to a relationship as you suggest.

On Saturday night, after a day in the sun at a vineyard drinking wine and watching Pat Benatar/Bachman Turner, & America (all still pretty good btw), a crowd of us were discussing who in the world they could sleep with and still have a get out of jail free card from their spouse - eg my wife's "was" Patrick Swayze. All good fun and purely hypothetical - or at least it was until one of the guys suggested that his wife's sister was his one:eek:

16. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A dead guy and a family member.

I tell you what, life in the Antipodes is NOT boring. :thumbsup:

17. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    WTF?? Someone takes the internet a little to seriously.

18. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey dfalk

Read again very clearly what Dpin300 said that he wouldn't consider it if
    they already had 1 million. The guy means it. Read #12, on his final response.

He did consider it in his mind and mean't it when he asked his wife.

It looks to me like he may need money to live the high life-style. But 1Million
    is nothing today in improving someone's life.

WTF! I got pissed off when he insulted his wife. Lucy

19. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This place is fucking awesome!! :beer:

20. gpenguins67

gpenguins67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Morals get the boot at $25k and values start getting discounted starting around $30k.... once you get up to a $1M mark, theres nothing a lot of scotch can't fix (really really realy good scotch with my million dollars)... lol ... sorry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.