1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Back from PH. Like getting kicked in the groin.

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by LV_Bound, Feb 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LV_Bound

LV_Bound Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Flew in via Southwest on one of their newer planes.
    My wife claimed the seats were a bit lower as she was able to have her feet planted on the ground.
    Usually they fall a bit short and pull on her hip but not this time.
    I found the seats to have slightly more room overall than the older planes.
    This was verified on the flight home which was on an older plane and I felt a bit cramped.

A 30 minute delay on take-off due to a "light" so they say but with a 5 hour flight they easily made up the time and got us there on time.

Limo guy right on time. Got the luggage and headed to Planet Hollywood. Awesome limo as it seemed brand new.

First meal was @ Blondies Bar and Grill in the mall using a coupon found on this web site just 2 days before we left. It was $20 for a $40 coupon.
    It worked great and was a nice score right before the trip.

Previous trip was in Sept so not much has changed in terms of new slot machines at PH.

Once we ate, we played some slots until our room was available and was able to shower.
    We played some more and after a while headed to the Cheesecake Factory for our dinner.
    Was looking forward to some cheesecake but the meal was so freaking huge I couldn't finish it.
    The food was just ok. Definitely a typical themed restaurant.
    As we walked out we saw a few people getting a slice of the cheesecake and those were HUGE too.
    Definitely not a place you will leave hungry.

Got back to PH and hit up Fat Tuesday and started heavily with the drinking and gambling.

I rarely play Craps at PH because whether they have 1 or 2 tables opened they are always full.
    Didn't really expect to play Craps the first night but we happened to walk by and there is only 1 person at the Craps table just getting started to play.
    We both bought in at the same time and holy shit what a night.
    Not sure how long we played as the alcohol was doing its job.
    The table never got cold. It went from warm to hot.
    As the one guy cashed out, we both commented that we never seen so many hard 6s and 8s in one session (to which we both took full advantage)
    This is how we made most of the cash.
    My wife was playing the machines at PH and was able to hear the table (ok, it was mostly me she heard) from just about any place she played.
    This was definitely my most memorable Craps session.

For the first night, I broke even. Yes even with that Craps session. What I lost at the slots was made up by my Craps session.
    It was like someone flipped the switch and the machines stopped paying.

From that point on, nothing was working for the entire trip. The slots ate my bankroll and even all my other Craps session I couldn't get ahead and lost my buy-in.

Usually I can find one or two machines that pay well and helps recoup some losses but not this trip.

Every machine was a drain and all the other Crap sessions as well.

If it wasn't for the first session of Craps it would have been a complete disaster and a trip that I always feared where nothing went right.
    It was the trip I hoped to never experience.

Anyway, here is a summary of machines and places we ate.

List of slot machines played
    Top Dollar $1 - bonuses only $15-$30
    Top Dollar $5 - hit bonus only once for $50 (on a $5 machine!?!?!?!!?! WTF!!!!!)
    Sex And The City - Community Play - not as fun as the non-Community Play
    Monopoly - not sure which one - never ever ever won on any Monopoly slot machine
    Newer Top Dollar .25 - this was one machine where it was actually enjoyable.
    Michael Jackson - this machine won me $1K last year but this time nothing. Rarely even hit the bonus.
    Life - boring
    Cheers - really fun.
    Beverly Hillbillies Millionaire - boring and rarely win anything.
    Betty Boop Fortune Teller - just played it once.
    Wheel of Fortune Extreme Fortune - was fun.
    Kiss - boring
    Ribbit - slow and had to play long in order to be eligible to collect bonus.
    Hee Haw - played 2 minutes boring.
    All That Glitters - always lots of playing time on this machine.
    All That Glitters 2 - the original is much better.
    Cruising - this is fun.
    A few other machines but can't remember.

Places we ate

Blondies Sportsbar & Grill - always had a good meal here.

Cheesecake Factory - typical themed restaurant.

Cafe Bellagio - ate breakfast. good amount of food.

Sugar Factory - awesome chocolate shake

Bacchanal Buffet @ Caesars - $69.00 for 2 lunch buffets. Not impressed. The dessert selection was awesome and exactly what my wife was looking for.
    But the king crab legs were terrible. Asked for them heated and it tasted like they used warm (not hot) dirty dish water. Most of the other food is what you get at most other buffets so no need to pay too much more.

Planet Dailies - ate breakfast and the omelet had very fresh ham and peppers.
    Serendipity 3 - huge portion of food. Very good. We got to see Gordon Ramsey eating there with his wife and kids.
    Earl of Sandwich - ate here for breakfast. Too early for eggs so had to order their Club sandwich for breakfast which was very good.

Overall, I am always glad to go to Vegas, but this trip hit me hard to a point it may be a bit longer to recoup the loss and replenish the bankroll for another trip.

2. Blonde_4_ever

Blonde_4_ever LasVegas4ever.com

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry your trip sucked....[​IMG]

3. gongoman

gongoman MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for your Trip Report...Maybe next time will be better:beer:

4. GreatGamblino

GreatGamblino Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for sharing! Better luck next time...

5. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try video poker ... ??
    We like the PH buffet, especially with the LVA coupon, plus TR credits.

6. LV_Bound

LV_Bound Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    May have to give that PH buffet a try next time as it seems to get pretty good reviews.

7. Kimsa70

Kimsa70 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the details of your trip report. I've tried slots at PH and have had no luck whatsoever if that's any consolation?

8. The Great One

The Great One MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    But the king crab legs were terrible. Asked for them heated and it tasted like they used warm (not hot) dirty dish water.

Thats a pretty disturbing review.:vomit:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.