1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Aria Upgrade

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Buckeye Bob, Feb 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buckeye Bob

Buckeye Bob Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any chance of getting an upgrade at Aria with 20-50 for the person checking me in? Curious if anyone has had luck with this there.

2. NeonTurtle14

NeonTurtle14 I Run the Vegas Hotdog Stand

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had two friends try this - sorry I don't have a lot to go off of - one was outright denied, the other kept the $20 and put him in a room on a 'higher floor' but the room was no different. Doesn't sound like they are very liberal with the upgrades - unless you go during a really slow time maybe.

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe, maybe not.

If all the good rooms are gone - chances are ZIP.

If lots of big spenders are due to arrive later that day and are open for upgrades, close to ZIP.

If the clerk has already been flagged as giving away upgrades he should not - ZIP.

Ability of getting a good answer - worse than ZIP.

4. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Best you may do at Aria is get an option of upgrading to a Corner Suite for $50/night.
    They will only do it on slow weeknights.Don't waste your time with the $20-$50 trick at Aria.

5. Buckeye Bob

Buckeye Bob Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks all. Thought that might be the case.

6. jumpoff

jumpoff Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just my 2cents. I was at Aria late last year and the $20 trick didn't work but the $50 trick did. I offered $20 and he said if you $50 I can put you in the sky suite. In my opinion $50 well spent. I've tried this trick at every property I've stayed and its always hit or miss. The effectiveness of this trick appears to be rather or not the hotel is full. If not full then this trick works all day long and also, i've noticed, the trick doesnt work as much on the weekends. But lately I've been staying sunday - thursday and the $20 trick has pretty much worked about 90% of the time.

Its always worth a shot, all they can do is either say yes or no.

Enjoy your trip!!!!

7. Buckeye Bob

Buckeye Bob Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks jumpoff. Will let you know if it works.

8. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Surprised they did that but great investment.
    If they offer to put you in a SkySuite for $50 a night, do it without thinking twice.
    You'll save $20 a day on the free coffee ,water and snacks.

9. CaliMike

CaliMike “My home away from home”

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It has worked for me the last two times I have stayed at Aria. I was comped 3 nights @ Aria in a Deluxe room. I did the $20 trick in May of last year and got a upgrade to a Junior Corner Suite on the 54th floor strip view over the weekend. Earlier this month was comped 3 nights and paying $69 dollars for the 4th night. This was also over the weekend Thursday thru Monday and it worked again but this time I tried with a $50 bill and got the Junior Corner Suite on the 52 floor strip view.. Just be specific on what type of room you ask for the "complimentary upgrade" too.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.