1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Snow storm coming. What would you do??

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by lima, Feb 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lima

lima Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are supposed to be leaving for Vegas this Sunday at noon from Boston. Of course, there is now a snow storm coming Sat night/Sunday. We are supposed to fly Jet Blue on Sunday.

However, there is a flight out of Boston Saturday on Southwest...not direct and a late flight but at least it should get there. The flight isn't too expensive..could use our points for it.

Or should we wait it out and hope Boston doesn't get hit as bad as they are saying?? If Jet Blue cancels the flight we get to keep the money we paid and use it towards another flight...if they don't cancel then we lose 100 bucks a piece for changing the flight.

So stressed trying to figure out what to do!!

2. fastlaney

fastlaney Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Me, personally, I would play it safe and fly out Saturday on the Southwest flight rather than take the chance that your Jet Blue flight might get canceled.

I hope you have a safe and wonderful trip no matter which way you go. :beer:

3. oghuman

oghuman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would say go Saturday. I had a Vegas trip in October, my flight was at 7AM out of JFK. It just so happens that's the Sunday that Sandy hit. I was moaning because I didn't take a later flight. It just so happens most of the later flights were canceled. We were in Vegas when the storm started to come in. I won't go into what happened to the house while we were away.

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Keep in mind, that once airlines start moving schedule around, they become very flexible with people that want to change their plans. You might be able to get an earlier flight.

5. Buckeye Bob

Buckeye Bob Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would go Saturday. Probably would ensure that the storm won't hit but why take the chance. You will jot be happy sitting in the airport all day hoping to get lucky and get out.

6. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How do you feel about that $200? Is it going to break the bank or take up a big piece of your bankroll? If it's just annoying to pay the fee to change planes for nothing, you have to ask if $200 is too much to pay for the peace of mind to know you'll be in Vegas no matter how snowy it gets in Boston on Sunday.

I'd probably change the flight.

7. S'AllGoodMan

S'AllGoodMan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd change flights theyre calling it a significant snow event for CT, that's usually 10+ inches sat night in to sun. For $200 I'd rather keep my vacation.

8. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The first thing you should do is contact Jet Blue. The same storm is hitting us tomorrow/Friday and the airlines are offering to help folks change their reservations. Even if Jet Blue can't get you out early, you may at least be able to get that part of your reservation cancelled with no fee.

9. lima

lima Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the replies...I waited too long to book the southwest flight and now it's WAY to expensive. I really wanted to get out on Saturday but now the flights are crazy.

I was going to call Jet Blue but I checked their rules and it says it does not waive change fees for an impending storm. I guess I will try to call them as it gets closer.

This is the first time booking with Jet Blue and I miss southwest already! They make it much easier to change your flight around.

Oh well, Live and Learn....and, hope the weather changes course! :cry:

10. realjwstorm

realjwstorm Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a flight out of Manchester, NH on Saturday afternoon and I'm starting to freak out already! lol

11. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Crap, we are supposed to be hit by the same storm starting tonight and I checked on the SWA site. Their "accommodation procedures" are in effect for flights from noon Thursday to noon Friday out of Milwaukee.

I hope they know more than the weather service because our flight is scheduled to depart at 12:50 PM Friday, 50 minutes past their time to change.

12. lima

lima Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just an update...Jet Blue posted on their website that we could change our flight with out a charge!! So happy! We are booked to leave Sat. Night - hopefully the storm will behave and let us out on time.

We changed our limo date/time and got a cheap room at the Gold Coast. Looks like we are all set for VEGAS!!!:beer:

13. BreakEven

BreakEven High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats to you! Sorry it was a bit of a nail biter, but I hope you have a great time on your vacation.

14. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    first win of the trip---CONGRATS!!! :beer:

15. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's a good thing you were on top of things, as a lot of folks are probably filling earlier flights. Have a great trip!

16. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Better safe than sorry. They keep downgrading the storm but I would get out of Dodge while you can. This is why I refuse to fly until April every year. With my previous luck...snowstorm hits.

17. lima

lima Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone!! We are so happy to be getting out early..can't beat extra time in Vegas..WOO HOO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.