1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

add an extra day...I think yes

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by ButterflyMtn, Feb 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ButterflyMtn

ButterflyMtn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So researching pricing for my May birthday trip I noticed that if we fly in on Wed instead of Thursday we could save $20 and that includes hotel for the extra night..um yes please. Hopefully my sis can get the extra day off work...one more day in Vegas to actually save money.:evillaugh:

2. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas Earthling/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    See you've saved money before your vacation even begins. That's a win to me!

3. lucky13

lucky13 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yup
    this trip i am going for 4 nights instead of the usual 3 ....
    actually will cost less than last years trip at 3 nights ...

4. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are going in May also, brother and I. We are planning to fly out on Wednesday May 15 - still looking at flights. Who are you finding your flight through?

5. smrtypnts

smrtypnts Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Count us in on going in May......4 women! 2 20somethings and 2 50's:thumbsup:

6. ButterflyMtn

ButterflyMtn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flying on Spirit..yeah they charge for everything but beats the other rates

We are going May 1 - 5...my birthday is on Friday the 3rd!

7. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The fun of planning the trip can only be trumped by going on the trip! It's the most fun you can have between trips. I fly Southwest so there is no penalty for rebooking so like others here i check at least 2 times a day as well as check the threads here looking for a better deal or flight reduction.

The normal cheap days are tues, wed and saturday, but there are exceptions. taking an earlier or later flight might save you a few bucks and if you are flexible one week might be way cheaper due to holidays, school vacations, major conventions etc. Try finding a good deal wth a broker like Booking.com or go to Kayak.com. If you find a good deal call the hotel direct and see if they will match or beat the deal. My last flight started at $360 and ended at $225 and the hotel beat the broker's best deal by $150 for an 8 night stay.

If you know what shows you wuld like to see, you may save by buying discounted tickets ahead of time. SEARCH for coupons too. Have fun!

Jimbo338

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.