1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best Hotel for pool and clubs

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by smrtypnts, Feb 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smrtypnts

smrtypnts Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Which hotel on the strip would be considered the best for it's pool and clubs? I had been planning on staying at the Venetian and I very well may still stay there, but thought I'd throw this out there in case someone had a better idea.

2. VegasKing

VegasKing High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends. What kind of clubs are you looking for? What kind of budget? Bottle service? Are you going to the hotel pool or an adult pool party? Again, budget for pool?

3. JoeDat

JoeDat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cosmo or Wynn/Encore

4. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Venetian pools aren't much to write home about. I might consider a place like MGM, which has great regular pools and also a pretty solid dayclub/pool party (Wet Republic). The thing is, you can take a cab to another hotel to visit a club, but you can't really do the same for a regular pool.

5. smrtypnts

smrtypnts Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The clubs are for my daughter and her friend--ages 21 & 23. Quite honestly so is the pool. As for budget--They won't do bottle service, but being given courtesy entry because we're staying in their hotel can't hurt. hmmm, budget for pool? Frankly I assumed they were free if you're staying at the hotel. Let's assume that there's no budget limit per se' for either the club or the pool....just for the sake of your best opinion.

So very true and great point!!

6. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also, depending on when you're going, remember that Mandalay is opening up a new dayclub and a new nightclub, although it's hard to say how popular those will become. I haven't seen much of the dayclub, but the nightclub looks pretty fantastic, plus it looks like Light Group have finally figured out how to snag some relatively-big-name DJs away from Wynn and Strategic Hospitality; so far they've announced Skrillex, Sebastian Ingrosso, Zedd, and Baauer. I don't care much for any of that music, but those are big names that have a good chance of attracting a big crowd.

7. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are going with CET The best pool is the flamingo
    But they don't have much in the way of a nightclub.

8. VegasKing

VegasKing High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From your criteria, the answer is Cosmo. They are 21 and 23, and thus probably haven't experienced Vegas. That would put them center of the strip, easy to walk anywhere they need. If they stay at Wynncore, it will be cabs everywhere. For pools, there is the hotel pool at Cosmo, but they will probably want to go to Marquee Day Pool. It is 21+, and if you are looking for the best pool party, that would be up there (with EBC @ Wynn and Wet Republic). For Cosmo guests, I think they get into Marquee Day Pool for free. Also, for nightclub, there is Marquee where I know guests can get comped entry. It is a Tier 1 nightclub. The vibe in the hotel is what they would like the most whereas Wynncore and V/P can sometimes be a bit more subdued. Saying all this, it also depends on when they are going. MGM is opening Hakkasan in late April which will be a Tier 1 nightclub, and Mandalay Bay will open Light at that time which will also be a Tier 1 nightclub.

In this order:
    1. Cosmo - Marquee Pool (tier 1), Marquee nightclub (tier 1), Chandelier bar, hotel atmosphere, center strip
    2. If you get this far, consider Cosmo again
    3. If after April 26, MGM is next - Hakkasan, Wet Republic, little more of a walk to surrounding places, they will still be doing remodeling
    4. V/P - Wynncore has better pool/nightlife, but V/P they would spend a tad less on cabs. Tao Beach (just behind the top 3 in pool parties), Tao (just behind Marquee, XS, and what will be Hakkasan and Light)
    5. Wynncore - XS (tier 1), Encore Beach Club (tier 1), Tryst (similar to Tao)
    6. Mandalay Bay - Light nightclub, not sure when the pool party will open, they are doing construction now. It is as far south on strip as Wynncore is north on the strip.

Caveat, you said on the strip. If you included off the strip, for their age range, then you would also consider Palms and Hard Rock.

9. smrtypnts

smrtypnts Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My daughter is already freaking out with excitement about this! She sent me a text the night the tweet came out.

10. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why not the RIO? The Voodoo Lounge on the 51st floor overlooking Vegas and they have 4 pools including an Adult pool which is topless...........LOL.

11. smrtypnts

smrtypnts Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you so much for all this information! I love it all! Funny thing *I* really wanted to stay at Cosmo, but because there will be 4 of us in the room (2 moms and 2 young girls) Venetian and it's room size seems so inviting. My husband and I introduced my daughter to Vegas for her 21st birthday, so she's been there, but she didn't have a friend with her, so this time will be infinitely different (and probably better) for her.

12. smrtypnts

smrtypnts Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have also considered the rio for the suite, but two of the people we are with have never been to Vegas so they want the strip. We will visit rio for the show in the sky and maybe their seafood buffet though.:licklips:

13. NativeSoCal

NativeSoCal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The topless pool at Rio was closed down back in '09, due to alleged prostitution activity.
    It was sponsored by Sapphire Gentleman's club and featured strippers from the club.

The pool scene at Rio these days is VERY subdued (for a 20-something, read: downright boring) in comparison to other mentioned pools.

14. ButterflyMtn

ButterflyMtn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    show in the sky is going up up and away the 1st of March.

15. waverunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What do you mean?

16. waverunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do remember a couple of years ago that that may have happened, but i was under the impression that the adult pool (21 and over) is still there. My main reason being i prefer no kids running around.

17. Sam D

Sam D Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Rio did re-open their topless pool. I believe it is now called the Voodoo Pool and has no remaining connection with Sapphire or any other strip club.

18. waverunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    According to the RIO website it's called "The Voo". Thanks.
    Do you or anyone else know what the previous poster meant about the Show in the Sky on March 1st? Is it ending?

19. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Cosmo is the best for clubbing, not too sure about the pool though.

20. NativeSoCal

NativeSoCal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From the Las Vegas Sun:

After 16 years of entertaining guests, The Rio’s free "Show in the Sky" will come to an end next month. The long-running interactive attraction, which enjoyed robust crowds this week for Mardi Gras, will give its final performance on Saturday, March 30, at 11 p.m.

Read more: http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2013/feb/14/rios-show-sky-close-march-after-16-years/#ixzz2LPBErYFj

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.