1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Comped drinks in HL room?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by RiddickBull, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will they comp you Hennessey or Remi Martin XO if you are playing $100 per hand in the high limit room (BJ or Baccarat)?

2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    those would generally be the type of drinks that the CW would have to get approval for. at $100 you would probably need to be tipping a bunch or really friendly with the pit boss to get him to approve that most places.

3. RC

RC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had JW blue brought to me playing out on the main floor @ MGM without any approval needed, so if I were you then I'd just ask for what you want. The server might have skipped asking for any approval since I tipped her while I asked for the drink. I asked her which of the JW she could serve me while I was tipping her and her response was "whichever one you want".

4. JDinTN

JDinTN MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How much we're you betting and tipping the CW?

5. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shifter, what is the average amount I need to bet in order to receive such drinks?

M brother plays about $500 per hand in BJ at the Wynn. He tells me they comp him it all the time. However, my bet is much lower. I usually play at Aria.

6. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    honestly I have no idea. I just know at some levels they balk at it and at other levels they give you anything. no idea what the exact cut off is, but i'm sure it's entirely dependent on so many factors like the pit boss, how he's feeling that day, your rapport with him and with the dealers, how much you're tipping, etc.

7. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That makes total sense. Maybe I'll wait until I get to the yellow level.

Thanks for the help.

8. RC

RC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The server didn't even see how much I was betting as it was during a shuffle and I just initiated some very friendly conversation with her and gave her $5 upfront and said it was for her before I asked her which color of JW that she could bring me.

9. JDinTN

JDinTN MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's way less than I was expecting! I thought you'd say you we're betting at least purple and tipping green. Getting a JW Blue for just a $5 tip is a great deal. Good for you man!

Not to sound condescending but are you sure she brought you JW Blue and not something else? I ask because given the cost I think the CW is supposed to get a special slip to give to her bartender for that kind of drink.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.