1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Golf in July?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by unomas, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unomas

unomas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Heading out in July and one of my friends is not a gambler at all, while his wife will be playing BJ he plans to hit up the golf courses. Since they are coming out for my daughter's wedding I said I would investigate some courses and ask the VMB for their opinions. My buddy barely has enough $ to come to vegas and gamble let alone golf, but they are using this time as their only vacation for the year.
    What would be a reasonably priced course close by that wouldn't kill his wallet yet give him a great golfing experience? I understand it will be 3000 degrees, but are the courses in good shape in july and would it make any sense to try to golf later in the day (the heat) to save a buck?

Any names of places or experiences are greatly appreciated! :beer:

If this is any help, my buddy is over worked and under paid, but he found golf a few years back and he is totally hooked, got the fever, if you know what I mean. I'd like to pay for a round for him, what are your suggestions?

Thanks!

2. vegasvette

vegasvette High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Golf

I'd recommend you use Sterling Golf Services to help you. They don't charge you a fee. I've used them for a dozen years and always been treated perfectly. Their website is golfinginvegas.com

3. Fafa2e

Fafa2e High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you don't need to have your tee times planned out and it's just the two of you, I would wait until you get there and use golfnow to try and find some discounted tee times. Sometimes you can get as much as 50% off the rack rate.

My Longest Trip Ever
  4. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's hard to play the $$ game when one person's "inexpensive" might choke another. As for the services, be it Golfnow or StandBy or whomever, they always are a good option, and courses are trying to recapture some of that market so don't forget to check web and good old fashioned phone rates and packages.

It does get hotter in the Mojave later in the afternoon. Again, where the intersection of hot/price comes about is a personal thing.

If he's golf mad, don't crap out on the experience. Play Paiute, or if you have time drive up to Coyote Springs. Between those courses you have the best accessible public golf experiences in town. Primm doesn't bite, either; great stuff there. Boulder Creek is a high bang/value buck proposition, too. Please drop me a line if you have any questions about your Vegas-area golf experience.

5. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I dont want to go to Vegas in July

Much less play golf in the afternoon. But if you do, try to get an early tee time prices should be pretty good if you go with the discounters.

6. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like playing in July, but I would never play in the afternoon. it gets light about 5, so i'm in the limo by 6, to the course and teeing off before 7. of the course by 1030 when it's just starting to really heat up.

7. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The best thing to do in July is play 36!

8. unomas

unomas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lots of information, thanks guys!

Ken, I think he will like the 36 idea for sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.