1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Anyone Got a Sleep Number???

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by zamboni, Feb 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mine is getting delivered and set-up friday!! Do you like yours???

2. MNVegasgal

MNVegasgal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We do .. LOVE it. We have had it for about 5 years.. Hubby and I are different sleep numbers.. works wonders. Hope you love yours as much as we love ours!

3. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I bought a platform bed, so I didn't need to get a foundation. Hopefully that doesn't hamper the effect. The salesmen said they are on sale twice a year- tax return time and around Labor Day. I was really impressed by it in the store, hopefully it is just as good in my house!

4. MTMONGO

MTMONGO High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love it.

5. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I slept on one at the Marriott in Louisville (I think), but either I'm too big for it or mine was broke, cause I'd pump it up and go to sleep and wake up and it was all flat! All of our other attendees seemed to love it though.

6. NeonTurtle14

NeonTurtle14 I Run the Vegas Hotdog Stand

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wife and I love ours... only thing we like better are the beds in Aria!

7. Gregsmt

Gregsmt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be the Lone Ranger here. My wife hates it. Her back hurts more than on any other mattress . She tried all kinds of settings. Also, it appears to be falling apart. Bought it in 2007. It's ok for me, but other regular mattresses that cost a lot less feel just as good. I love the comforter and sheets they sell though. They are great.

8. mikeinctown

mikeinctown High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Had one up until I got divorced. Loved it except the sides kind of got deformed as they were foam and the part you pump is like a small air mattress in between. When I got mine the bottom frame had no support under and over time it sagged. I think now they have supports that go in the middle. if not, make sure your bead frame has a support for the middle of the foundation.

9. mdk63

mdk63 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not a Fan, But......

I'm not a fan, but the wife is, so "Happy wife, happy life". I keep mine on a high number with a 3" memory foam on top - works for me. My wife keeps hers on an ungodly low number and she loves it. The wrestling matches happen on my side!

10. MichelleH

MichelleH Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're not the Lone Ranger. My son and grandmother both have one and she hates it and his broke!

11. mikeinctown

mikeinctown High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You guys do know they have a good warranty and you can get stuff repaired? At some point the remotes on ours quit reading. Had a new pump unit in our hands a few days later and shipped the onld one back on their dime. Super easy.

12. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was thinking the same thing- 20 year warranty.

13. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We actually ordered one once then did some reviews and then cancelled our order.
    Based on the reviews they claim its the only bed you ever buy.....because you never stop paying for it.

The foam and padding tend to wear over just a few years.
    If you call they simply tell you to flip the pads or else you have to buy a new one as its not covered by warranty or rather its pro-rated.

If you google reviews you will find a broad spectrum of reviews but they will have a common denominator which is the parts that wear.

14. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used to sell these beds.

Most people are extremely happy with them but like anything there is a learning curve.

imagine you bought a brand new fancy car, you wont know where the wiper switch is or the thing to adjust the mirrors or the seat. just takes some use to figure it all out.

The platform is what you need with it so you will be fine with that.

I would recommend starting out at a firmer setting then you think you want and try that for a while. Dont overthink it either, just sleep on it.

They have a 20 year warranty. Obviously not bumper to bumper so the person with the control issues should be able to get some coverage but it might be prorated. They usually prorate after 10 years.

You should be very pleased with it. I never had one returned which is way more then i can say for the memory foam mattresses.

15. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have 2. Our original was a queen that we moved into the guestroom when we upgraded to a Cal king. Best beds we've ever slept on and would never give it up for anything.

16. Reefer

Reefer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've had one for a few years now and love it. I have not had a back problem since we started using it. Highly recommend it so I think you will like it.

17. addicted

addicted High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've had ours for a year now. I don't think its the best bed ever but its not bad. We have the 3" foam top and can be hotter than hell in the middle of the night.

For my money nothing beats a waveless waterbed. Warm in the winter, cooler in the summer.

I think $4,000 for a bed is pretty steep. And you know the company has to be making a killing.....

18. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  19. queenofvegas

queenofvegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What about the Tempurpedic? Anyone have one of those?

20. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have had our sleep number for about 8 years now. We love it. We have never had a problem with any of the parts. We hated the memory foam, it makes you sweat too much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.