1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Price increase at Bacchanal Buffet at Caesar's

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by MichelleH, Feb 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MichelleH

MichelleH Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw this on the Tripadvisor forum. Says it came from an email from Las Vegas Advisor:

My question is, I wonder what the extra charge will be now for the Buffet of Buffets? :(

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2013
  2. ihatesnow

ihatesnow Tourist

I wonder if Cosmo, Wynn, etc. will see this as a green light to raise prices as well.

3. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Insane. No thanks, no way, no how. :grrr:

4. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hope it doesn't mean the B of B is going up AGAIN...just had a price increase & an extra $15 for Caesars is enough...they could end up pricing it out of our budget...and many others I would suspect. No matter if it is really good for a buffet - it is still a buffet....geez...

5. Cat House Guy

Cat House Guy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ridiculous

Well call me crazy but I will never see the inside of that buffet...even for TR points. No buffet worth all that coin.

6. runningonthehub

runningonthehub VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Count me out. I had thought I might give it try but, they just scared me away.
    I think they may end up pricing themselves out of the market. They can only raise prices so much before the public rebels and says "enough".

7. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think thats the problem now and why they are raising the price: even after being open for a while now supposedly there are still very long lineups to get in the place... and I hate to say it, but thats usually a sign that a place needs to raise its prices.

8. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ....and created, at least for me, a "need" to eat anywhere else...:poke:

9. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As long as the line is long, which it reportedly is, the 'market' is speaking loud and clear. And it's not saying "enough."

10. JDinTN

JDinTN MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know those prices sound expensive for a buffet -- and they are. But if the food at the Bacchanal buffet really is as gourmet and expertly prepared as the reviews suggest its still cheaper than going to most nicer restaurants -- especially considering the amount of different things you can try. I don't like price increases any more than anyone else but with reported lines of hours to get in and rave reviews about the quality it comes as no surprise.

11. MoneyToBurn

MoneyToBurn Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree 100%. I've been by a few times to give it a try and every time the line up discouraged me. I usually eat somewhere else on property when I give up, and maybe would save a buck or two at number 9 or pay a few more at centrale. Were I sitting at home three months out, saying something like "Tuesday Night will be buffet night, where shall I eat?", then maybe price would be a consideration, but for now it is a curiosity as I haven't been, and I don't really plan buffet meals anyways. Still looking forward to it, when the lines die down.

12. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And... that's the point.

With these super long lines and everybody having to wait to get in, nobody is happy.

If they keep bumping up the price up and get maybe 20% of the customer base to stop coming in then the remaining 80% are going to be happier because there are smaller lines and shorter waits.

And sure, that 20% that gets priced out is going to whine and complain about the price, but odds are they were already doing that... so little change there.

And it might drive potential customers to other buffets, but where are they going to go? The five closest buffets to Caesars Palace are Mirage, Bellagio, Harrah's, Imperial Palace and Flamingo... if these people are cheap and complaining about prices its more likely they'll end up at a CET buffet, not one of the MGM buffets.

13. Julie888

Julie888 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Once was enough for me and that was at the initial price. The line-ups once you get in are too annoying. The food is excellent once you get to finally experience it.

The atmosphere isn't special, imo, too loud and too crowded.

Overall, not good value for the cost.

14. danielao

danielao Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pretty sure I was charged $51.99 last Saturday.

Is it extra if you use RCs instead of cash?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.