1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Downtown Holdem Tournament?

Discussion in 'The Poker Room' started by markadele, Feb 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markadele

markadele Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Who has Hold em Tournaments downtown I know the Nugget does put is there any more?

2. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. NeonTurtle14

NeonTurtle14 I Run the Vegas Hotdog Stand

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only rooms running regular tournaments downtown are Binions and Golden Nugget. I find any of the ones at Binions to be too small and fast for my liking. I recommend the $100 Sunday at GN if you're there on a Sunday.

4. AndyAkeko

AndyAkeko Time magazine's 2006 Person of the Year

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did the Binions 2 p.m. tournament last November. Well, I tried to. Only one other person signed up.

Binions and Golden Nugget is it for downtown tournaments. In fact, that's it for downtown poker, save for the two tables of 1-3-6 spread limit hold 'em at the El Cortez. The highlight of that game is sitting at the same table with Jackie Gaughan himself.

5. mikenhe

mikenhe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the weekend 2pm tourney at binions are pretty good and normally have aminimum guarenteed payout - that attracts a lot of people. last time I was there the saturday 2pm was down to the final table at 10pm!!

6. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Both good

GN is a $65 tourney w/ a $40 rebuy OR addon--so essentially a $105 tourney.
    You start w/ $4500 chips + 4K addon. 20 min. blinds. It is decent; we have done well here--lots of tourists, drunks.
    Binions 10AM & 8PM tourneys are $60, 6K chips but 15 min. blinds. The 2PM tourneys have excellent structure--20 min. blinds for first 3 levels then 30 min. blinds and you start w/ 20K in chips (and blinds start at 25/50). $80 M-F, $125 S/S. Tougher field, lots of locals.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.