1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Activity for Mar. 23

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by No16, Feb 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. No16

No16 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm going on a trip with a group of friends for the first weekend of March Madness, and I'm trying to find an activity for Saturday during the day. Basically, we don't want to spend all afternoon in the pit, and then be burned-out for gambling at night. We had planned to watch the games at Lagasse's stadium, but no reservations are available. We're up for a lot of things, but we want to get away from the traditional sports book environment. We're golfing on Friday, so that's out for Saturday. Any suggestions for sports bars or places to hang out, or sights to see (besides things like the Bellagio fountains), or events on that Saturday would be appreciated. Staying at the Wynn if that helps.

Thanks

2. Iu25

Iu25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Head downtown to the Neon Graveyard, or Mob Museum, if you want to get away from gambling for an afternoon. Plus if you still feel like gambling a few bucks, you can play at some lower limits downtown and not feel like your pockets were emptied by the degenerate gambler inside you!

3. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you want to watch the games and just hang out and you're just booking now, look off strip. You'll get much lower minimums for what you have to spend in food and beverage.

4. No16

No16 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the tips. Downtown sounds fun. I haven't been there since 2005.

5. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas Earthling/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You could go out to the mountains near Lake Mead and do the four zip lines. They are super long and a great adrenaline rush. I posted a mini TR on them awhile back. The zip line company will pick you up at Excalibur at 11:00am. Afterward they drive you back to your hotel (between 5:00 and 6:00pm). It's an awesome rush and great views.

Enjoy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.