1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Southwest Airlines sale

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by MichelleH, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MichelleH

MichelleH Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For anyone looking for a cheaper flight, Southwest Airlines is having a huge sale through 2/7. They have a great rate on Birmingham to Las Vegas but I can't get it yet, because I haven't gotten my tax refund back! :( But, hopefully someone else can score some cheap tickets!

2. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got in on it, $230 R/T N/S with perfect flight times from Tulsa!

No reason to go home yet.
  3. MWJ51102

MWJ51102 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. $150 in credits for wife and I.

4. Kort Jester

Kort Jester Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is this right?

If I book SW and I can find another flight cheaper. I can cancel the first one, get credit right away and rebook a cheaper option.
    Leaving the balance to be used at another time up to one year?

This seems too good to be true.

Because if I book early to make sure I get a seat, then I will always have a credit a HAVE to go to vegas again within the year :thumbsup:

5. Iu25

Iu25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just booked an earlier flight for us, we were leaving at 2pm n/s but I noticed the earlier 7am flight went down in price so I changed my itinerary to the earlier flight. Paid a couple bucks more but well worth it for being in Vegas about 8 hours earlier!

6. Blatz

Blatz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is correct. In fact, my last trip out I re-booked twice. It's always nice to have a little extra credit on the ole SWA books.

7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, Southwest is customer friendly - though some will always argue that.

And by the way, if you find something else you want within 24 hours, you can totally cancel and skip the credit part. Said another way, you can cancel a ticket purchase within 24 hours - no problem.

8. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rebooked several future flights last night. Got 1800 Rapid Reward points added back into my account, got some cash credit for a flight I'd paid for with my SW Visa, and my partner was able to do the same for one of his flights. SW is the best by far.

9. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, good deal. I was able to book a couple R/T's for around 7000 points. I have almost 150,000, so if I just book these sales, I will have over 20 free trips to Vegas. By the time I use that many, I will have another 150,000 saved up. I like the new RR system better than the old.

10. Sam in Ut

Sam in Ut High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup, booked a flight back in December then seen the sale yesterday and changed to the sale flight which resulted in a bunch of credit.
    FYI.... I called Customer Service & asked if I could use some of that credit to purchase their "Early Bird check-in" option. Nope, they said that has to be purchased and could not apply unused credit... kinda chincy IMO but guess I have to live with it....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.