1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

How much do you invest?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Aw234, Feb 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aw234

Aw234 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was a wondering how much do you invest in a slot/vp macnine before you decide to move on? If this has been covered before sorry. I like to put in a twenty in a vp or slot machine and if nothing happens i'm off to the next machine. If I'm waiting fo a drink I might try agail but for the most part I'm off.
    Your thoughts?

Aw234

2. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For me it just comes down to how much enjoyment I'm having. If I put $20 in and it went in 10 minutes, I'm leaving. If I'm waiting for a drink, I'm just sitting there waiting. On the other hand, if I had played that $20 for 30-45 minutes, then I might stick another $20 in.

I have no set system if my goal is to just play a slot. I just go by feel.

I do at times just try for a hit and run. Take 5 $20, go to 5 different machines, max bet for $20 of coin in and cash out. At the end of 5 machines I see how much I won/lost. Again no strategy really there, just hoping for that random bonus at max bet when I generally don't bet that much per spin on slots. Knowing I'm cashing out after ~6-10 spins lets me know that I will end with at least something, rather than $100 gone in 5 minutes.

3. NickyDim

NickyDim Hockey is life

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Quarters I put in a $20 and play it through or if I'm ice cold I'll take what ever is left of it and move on. If I hit a big hand I cash out and put another $20 in and put the ticket in my pocket to be cashed later. In CET props I will always wait until the next tier point is reached.

Slots in a CET prop I usually start with $20 or $50 and play $5 (1 tier point) in each machine and move on unless I hit, then I go another $5 on that same machine.

Everyone is comfortable with something different.

4. Ezzy711

Ezzy711 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are a few factors. If I am playing a dollar machine I pop in $100. Normal bonus feature on the ones I usually play (top dollar, pinball, wof) is around $30-40. I will play until I hit about $60. At that point I figure even if I got a bonus I would barely break even so I move to the next machine.

The waiting for a drink thing is always a problem. I cannot tell you how much extra money I've put in a machine waiting for a drink. But I learned my lesson on that a while back. Now I either play super slow or if it's busy and I'm in someone else's way I have no problem just standing up and waiting rather than sinking more money in.

The other factor is if I'm having fun. If I'm getting small wins or it is one of the newer ones with lots of activity I will play longer. (I know I'm like a 4 yr old in front of cartoons).

5. GreatGamblino

GreatGamblino Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Too much!

6. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I am in Vegas, I actually try to keep it to $5. If I don't get a good vibe I move on. Of course, with too many new games. that only gets you a couple spins. But if I stick to older stuff. it's plenty.

7. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exactly what i do!
    It's how much bang can you get for a twenty. :eek:

8. Aw234

Aw234 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One thing I do playing VP, if I hit 4OK on DDB, Say 5-k for 250 credits I normaly will run most of it thru chasing ace's or 2-4's. If the hit is for 400 credits or more I'm moving on.

9. BreakEven

BreakEven High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do any other properties have that? I thought V/P had a minimum dollar value or something that you had to play in a single machine in order to get any points.

10. Kickin

Kickin Flea

11. BreakEven

BreakEven High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  12. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not dollar amount but enjoyment.

This even goes for winning and not only for losing.
    Just because I am wining I won't stay on the machine if it doesn't entertain me.
    At the same token, I can see the money slowly drain but continue to play because its a really fun machine.

Normally though if I hit the button for a few spins and get 0, i cash out on the penny machines. I mean come on you have 1000 combinations and its $1-$3 a spin and can't even win a penny after a few spins???? Definitely time to move on.

13. addicted

addicted High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually put 20s in slots. (usually play quarter or dollar machines) If I get down to 10bucks without a hit I am moving on.

Other than that its anything goes really.

One thing that really pisses me off is when I put in a 20 go a couple spins, make my way up to about $30, play back down to like 4 bucks and then hit for $40 or so, get back down to less than $10 and repeat...back and fourth....seems like it goes on forever (even though its only been 10-20 minutes).
    Then I think to myself "damn, either hit something decent or just take my money so I can move on..." After 2 or 3 rounds of that I cash out because it's just irritating to me.

14. NickyDim

NickyDim Hockey is life

Trips to Las Vegas:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.