1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

For my Birthday I want.....

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by LucyR., Feb 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My Birthday will be next week and I started thinking what I wanted for my birthday. I am a senior, single gal.

I woke up one morning and I said to myself, "I want someone to make me my breakfast and serve me." I realized that if I took a cruise I could get all of my meals made for me for one week.

So.... instead of going to Vegas for my Birthday.... I booked a great Carnival fun cruise for SOLO ME!

I am packing all of my party glittery clothes so I can look cute.lol.

I am a member of cruise critic.com and I am part of their roll call and already have made friends to meet on the ship to party with everyday.

Some of the crew workers know me and they will be real happy to see me again since I like to tell them stories and spend time talking with them.

I pack several small gifts for them since they don't get a chance to go shopping much for things. They love my gifts.

Most cruisers will say that the crew workers like to get money and telephone cards so they can call home. But.... giving them small gifts to them too is appreciated more than you know. I can see it in their eyes and how happy they get. Lucy

2. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome idea. Enjoy!!

3. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have fun! My first thought was... You know Vegas hotels have room service too, right? but your cruise sounds fun. We keep talking about taking one, but never manage to get it booked.

4. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmmm, heard of one that doesn't. :poke::evillaugh

5. broncobilly

broncobilly Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    happy early birthday and have fun

6. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cruise ships are more fun

I don't like hotel room service. Cruiseships have free food and room service.
    But... I prefer eating at the fancy dinning room on cruise ships where I can meet other cruisers and talk about fun stuff. I look foreward to eating breakfast, lunch and dinner and snacks.lol.

I also have lots of fun dancing in the evenings on the cruiseships.

I only go to the Happy Hour in Vegas. The night clubs are full of young crowds and couples in Vegas.

I prefer cruise ships over Vegas. But Vegas is more affordable and I do have lots of fun in Vegas too.

Thank you all for wishing me a Happy Birthday. Now that I am a senior I have discovered that nobody is going to plan a birthday party for me so I have to plan my own birthday travel plans or parties if I want to enjoy my birthday.

I don't have any fun senior relatives or friends to have fun with so I have to make my own plans. My senior friends have medical problems so I prefer not to travel with them or go out with them. Lucy

7. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a good time Lucy. Happy Birthday.

8. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cruise ships

Lola, thank you for your happy thoughts for me. My birthday is very important to me because it is my special day. I already got a Birthday gift from my favorite niece. She gave me a beautiful laptop carry bag for my new laptop computer.

For my birthday I got a new queen senior bed that goes up and down.lol. A friend gave it to me since she bought herself a king size bed for her and her new boyfriend. They are young seniors.

I bought me a new t.v. for my guest bedroom. I plan to buy me some more gifts on my cruise.

I joined a senior community gym where I can have fun getting toned up.
    Plus, I get to meet senior guys who do look at me. lol.

I am still trying to coordinate my clothes for the cruise ship. I am trying to pack lite but I am a clothes horse that loves to dress up on cruise ships. Lucy

9. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Geez, I asked for Joe Rogan tickets for my birthday, guess I should aim higher next year!

Enjoy!!

10. dean_1492

dean_1492 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Happy Birthday Lucy----and many more!

11. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My Birthday

Thank you guys for wishing me happy thoughts for my birthday.

After I get home from my cruise I plan to get me two little kittens to keep me
    company. I love to watch kittens play.

My old doggie died 4 months ago. She died of kidney failure. She was 15yrs. old. I plan to get another doggie when I stop traveling someday in my future.
    I couldn't talk about it until now because I was mourning my loss. But now
    I am doing okay. I had her cremated and I have her ashes.

Some of you might think I am crazy but I sometimes feel her spirit in my place and I call her name to let her know she is still with me in my heart. Lucy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.