1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Driving - rental car facility to TI

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by HoyaHeel, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Google Maps has us take Swenson -Harmon - Koval - Spring Mountain. Does that seem right? I have never stayed at TI, have never stayed that far North with a rental car (except downtown - and I just get on 15 for Downtown) The past few trips we've been at MBay, Luxor or TheHotel so I would just drive down LV Blvd...I'm not sure where the parking entrance is for TI - assume there's a light off Sands/Spring Mountain? (I'll switch to satellite view and zoom in to see if I can find it.....) Thanks!!

2. mjamesp

mjamesp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would just take LV Blvd to TI. There's a stop light right at TI where you can take a left into the resort. If you end up missing that light take a left on Spring Mtn and then the 1st left into the resort. From the rental center you could take the freeway.

Upon arriving I usually take LV Blvd all the way downtown. I like the trip down the strip as our 1st welcome back to LV.

3. HoyaHeel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're arriving on a Saturday so I was worried about traffic down LV Blvd. I don't drive well when surrounded by gawking idiots:evillaugh

4. rooster42000

rooster42000 Goat of all Goats , My Hero

Trips to Las Vegas:
    TI

Paradise to Spring Mountain

5. Jimbucc

Jimbucc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I prefer to enter the garage from Mel Torme off of Spring Mountain. Treasure Island's garage is first and then The Mirage. From the car rental take Gillespie to Hidden Well which runs into I 15 North. If I remember right the exit for Spring Mountain is a little tricky off of I 15. Watch for Spring Mountain East.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  6. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is the way I drove it. I-15 to Spring Mountain.

7. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My suggestion is just like the recording on the bus to terminal will tell you.
    Take 3 rights. Turn right out of facility. Turn right at first light and turn right at the next light. You will be on Las Vegas Blvd. You will drive by the welcome sign and just keep driving straight until left turn for TI. We like taking this way because I like driving down the strip when we get there. Usually the traffic is not awful.

8. IxAccDnf

IxAccDnf VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like the TI garage. It's always easy in and easy out. I would take 15 and exit at Spring Mtn and you are right there with one quick right turn.

9. HoyaHeel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know how to get to LV Blvd and have driven that way for South Strip hotels many times. I just don't want to drive LV Blvd as far north as TI on a Saturday:peace:

I'm glad there are entrances to the parking off LV Blvd and off Spring Mtn-to-Mel Torme. Thanks for that confirmation!

10. mjamesp

mjamesp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Really good advice, I hadn't thought of going that way out of the rental center. It looks like I should be able to hit George Crockett Rd to Gillespie on the return to the rental center. Not sure I'd try it the first time under time duress (which is always). Looks like I could end up in the tunnel if I missed it.

11. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Only problem is I'm not sure you can take a left coming outta the rental center onto Gillespie. I do that trip monthly and have to go down to Warm Springs, take a left (NO U-turn allowed) and then I go left again at La Cienega ( a block over) and then up to Crockett, but then I go right to get on 215. I'm pretty sure you can't take a left and that's one-way going on the to 215.

You could go right on Warm Springs for a block and go right on Haven and back up to Crockett, take a right and go to Gillespie and take a left that way... if you do that though, might as well just go LV Blvd up to Hidden Well and take a left to I-15

12. IxAccDnf

IxAccDnf VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't remember being able to make a "legal" left turn leaving the rental facility

13. Jimbucc

Jimbucc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You have to turn right out of the facility. I get into the middle lane and make a left into the strip of stores and turn around. If traffic is light I pretend I'm making a left into the store's parking lot and make a u turn. :nono:

14. Nick Carroway

Nick Carroway Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Please try this: upon leaving the rental car center, take the 3 right turns. Head north on LVB to Hacienda (the side street between MandaBay & Luxor). Turn right. If you miss this turn, don't panic, just take the next right at Giles (the side street between Luxor and Excal). Either way, you'll curve around until you wind up northbound on Koval. Koval dead ends into Sands/Spring Mountain. Turn left, cross the strip, and turn left at the light into the back of the TI/Mirage complex. Entrance to the TI garage is the first right. Enjoy your stay.

15. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Maybe I'll run into you later in the week. I get in on Sunday.

16. GeorgeandTheBear

GeorgeandTheBear High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did basically as Nick, but turned right on Reno, just before Tropicana. Reno becomes Koval which dead ends at Sands. Turn left on Sands, which becomes Spring Mountain at LV Blvd. Turn left into garage at back of TI.

If you miss Reno, just turn right on Tropicana and then left on Koval.

17. HoyaHeel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you on the Strip or downtown? This is a working trip - we'll be at the Sands for a trade show through Wednesday, staying at TI :peace:

Thanks for all the directions. Last night, the Navigator (aka HoyaHubby) decided he wanted to see what new construction there might be on the Strip since our last visit, so he will be directing the chauffeur (aka Me) to drive down LV Blvd....Might take longer, but he'll be happy - happy husband, happy life:cheers:

It's nice to know all the other tricks about getting around - I got pretty good at Koval on our last trip because we were at TheHotel and my sister & her husband were at Flamingo, so we went to pick them up a couple times. The reason we're renting a car at all is we have a few things planned for off-Strip, including some grocery shopping Saturday evening, or Sunday afternoon (depends on how long work stuff takes us) and then some other stuff later in the week when we're done working....We'll probably drive to Sands convention center during set up so we can take off on errands when we're done, instead of the 45 minute walk back to our TI room and then the parking lot....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.